PDA

View Full Version : freeview cards

Lainie
31-07-2007, 09:29 PM
does anyone have any info as to whether the magic freeview cards are any closer to arriving? or am i gonna have to pay for the footie

:please::(:-O

Magnu420
31-07-2007, 10:00 PM
get yourself a dbox2 or a dreambox thats if you on cable worth it in long run no codes to mess with etc etc also for what you pay to get the card sorted it be cheaper to get a box,i dont think there is
magic cards ??? but i could be wrong

Lainie
31-07-2007, 10:12 PM
cant get cable mags or i would have done that ages ago. used to get the magic cards when it was ondigital. i just wondered if anyone had an update. tiz ok friend of mine will ask at the barras

but thanks anyway

nss1888
01-08-2007, 08:13 AM
Still nowt as far as I know Lannie.. I'm in the same boat as I canae get cable either... :cry:

proevofanatik
02-08-2007, 07:54 PM
i heard that you can card share. this means that you can get setanta for about ?5 - ?10 per year.

what you would have to do is get 10 or 20 of your mates and do one subscription to setanta clone the card 10 - 20 times and get everybody to pay their share. there is a guid on how to clone the cards on the internet somewhere if you look for it.

nss1888
03-08-2007, 08:08 AM
Don't know if this is what you are meaning:

Nick [D]vB?s Completely Hypothetical Top Up TV

CardSharing Guide.

So, you want to share your Top Up TV subscription between several DVB-T PC devices and set -top decoders simultaneously ? well now you can! Our friends on the euro-sat scene have been very busy coding all kinds of useful programs for the S*ca2 system and many of them can be used with Top Up TV. All the software is free and available on the upload centres and P2P networks.

S*ca2 CardServers

On the server side you will need a Phoenix interface to read the card, these devices are easy to build but ready made devices can be picked up on EBay for about ?10. Pay for a USB one if you want but serial ones will do the job.

Next you need a cardsharing program that supports S*ca2, the Linux projects have been around for a while but now there are two for window$ aswell, they are DanK?s CardServer and Samsung Spider Server.

If, for some reason, you want to connect devices that are not on your local area network you can obviously use an internet connection. The bandwidth requirements are tiny even when running several clients, I have had up to seven devices running off one smartcard before, and that was using a 56K modem! I would recommend that you use a dynamic DNS system, that way you don?t have to reconfigure all the clients every time your IP address changes or if you move the server to another PC. Two good hosts with free accounts are DynDNS and No-IP.

PC Clients

Now for the clients, for your PC devices you will need a DVB viewing program that supports the MultiDec API. The old TechnoTrend / Hauppauge Nova-T?s can use ProgDVB and the new Hauppauge Nova-T MCE devices [and any other DVB-T devices with BDA drivers] can use MyTheatre. Nebula have just added MD-API support to DigiTV 3.2 [ I wonder where they got that idea? ] so you can now use all their devices aswell. Infact, the only PC DVB-T device you can?t use is the DEC2000-T which unfortunately would need a firmware hack to work with any softCAM.

You then need a client plugin to connect to the server, I recommend Yankse 1.3 but CSC 4.0 and WinCSC 1.1 should also work. Setting up PC clients is quite straightforward; CSC and WinCSC are setup through their GUI?s but the Yankse client is configured by opening the Yankse.ini file in a text editor.

STB Decoder and IDTV Clients

If you want to connect a set-top box decoder or integrated digital television to the server you will also need another cheap device known as a season interface, again these are very easy to build but can also be found on Ebay for about ?10 [some more expensive versions have cardreaders (for logging) and a power connection but you don?t need these features]. The season interface connects via the CAM, or through an *embedded smartcard reader, it is then connected to a PC through a serial port.

Once you got you box hooked up you need some smartcard emulation software. The only S*ca2 card emulator I know of with a cardserver client is DanK?s SEACLI 0.4. I helped beta test it and can confirm it works perfectly with the Aston 1.05 CAM, [which you can also find on EBay for about ?15]. I have not tested the official Top Up TV MediaGuard CAM but I should work to. I have only tested SEACLI with a Nokia MediaMaster 221-T and a NetGem I-Player but it should work with any STB or IDTV with a common interface slot for the Aston CAM.

Now I havn't tried this but if you go looking hard enough you will find all the software and hardware you need to perform the above and give it a go, this "method" has been around for a few years.

This ISN'T what most people want "the magic card" but will allow card sharing between PC cards and stb's on a local LAN and through the Internet.

The goal of a fully cracked encrypted system for Top-TV (and hence setanta) has not been achieved as far as I know, but I'm sure folk are working on it...

:thumbup2:

Dr X
19-08-2007, 06:05 PM
I`m geting something soon Lainie as i have many friends that are in simular condition as you and many others, and i`ll be connecting it to the main server system i use and so will let you know how it goes ;)

Dr X

krazylegz
01-09-2007, 12:52 PM
if you's are on about cardsharing why not do it properly with a motorised satellite system with linux based reciever such as dreambox or TM9100 and get thousands of channels