PDA

View Full Version : dreambox signal booster ?

jasoncypress
29-07-2007, 08:19 AM
Hi i own a dbox 2 at the moment and ive been thinking about getting a dreambox500 , im very new to these boxes and havnt really flashed any images. ive been reading a little about the dreamboxs i dont understand the signal booster part everyones talking about lol sorry to seem dim , dont the boxes just go straight into the cable socket, theres no need for ne boosters ? this does actually improve the dignal streth for dboxes and dream boxes ? the dreamboxes are better than the dbox right ?

Timoweb
29-07-2007, 12:01 PM
The dbox has a very strong tuner in it the 500c tuner is slightly weeker. Without a booster some channels will be missing on your 500c if you have a week signal in your area so all you need do is to add a signal booster to get all the channles.

All depends on your areas signal and your dreamboxes tuner. Not all 500c are as good as each other because there are loads of copys.

laruk
31-07-2007, 08:59 PM
you cant knock the copys m8,i have 2 dreamboxes here in my house one is real the other is a fake,without the booster i get more channels on the fake than i do on the real one.With the booster i cant tell them apart.

gsmlord
04-09-2007, 02:02 AM
A lot depends on how many boxes you want around the house, the more boxes you have the more times you need to split the signal. If you only use one box you shouldn't need any form of signal booster. Adding a signal booster when you don't need one can make matters worse. If you need to add boxes in the future make sure you use a good quality cable, splitter & cable connector. Try and keep cable runs as short as possible and then test the box before installing a booster. Make sure you terminate any unconnected ports on either splitter or booster.

Hope that helps