use the newbie section :roflmao::cussing:

renwich
18-07-2007, 10:41 PM
Ok so ill give a proper post

chipped my wii with a chip supplied by a well know scotch git on here

made sure all the soldering was good no crossed or burnt tracks

double checked the wiring

all seemed good when it booted

but it dosnt recognise any disks ,, I only have originals so its not a dodgy backup disk

clues anyone please

notanotherone
19-07-2007, 12:54 PM
hi renny, have you checked everything?does no disc play at all?are you saying it doesnt regonise your originals?chipping your box shouldnt affect it playing originals i can take my chip out as its mounted on the outside of my wii and mines plays all my originals so cant understand why yours doesnt??

Miss L
20-07-2007, 10:10 AM
aTo view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. may your wii rest in peace :roflmao: hehe hope you sort it out :thumbup::thumbup:

renwich
20-07-2007, 10:40 AM
its working again now, took the chip out, I may have fried it trying to get round the fact I was to lazy to go out and buy a zif socket, so I soldered direct to the legs,

on ebay now purchasing the right stuff :thumbup:

Miss L
20-07-2007, 11:14 AM
its working again now, took the chip out, I may have fried it trying to get round the fact I was to lazy to go out and buy a zif socket, so I soldered direct to the legs,
on ebay now purchasing the right stuff :thumbup:
well if you do it right this time i might let you do mine for me :-":-"

RichEO
15-08-2007, 04:43 AM
Did you solder wire onto the chip legs? This is how I do all my installs. Bend the PIC legs back and solder wire onto them. The chips are pretty resillient and will still work after being soldered a few times and also after having their legs bent a few times. What i wouldn't try is sokdering the legs directly to the board though, that would just be too fiddly.

Probably just a short or a dry joint on your 1st attempt which stopped it working.