PDA

View Full Version : building

nottmking
17-07-2007, 06:14 PM
Has anyone actually built there own house....I want average cost of doing a project like this.

y2krog2000
17-07-2007, 09:46 PM
Thats a bit like asking how much is a car, it would all depend on size and whats in it and location.

You can get prefab homes cheap and they should be a lot easier to build and cheaper than building one yourself from scratch and they can be made in under a month. You can get some really nice ones these days and they are very warm in winter and cool in summer unlike stone houses but you would probably have to find somewhere near you that makes them. I dont know where this company is from but it takes them 10 days to make your house then they ship it to you but they call them modular homes, I was thinking of buying one of these. Welcome to Signature Building Systems, Inc. (http://www.signaturecustomhomes.com/advantage/time.html)

alanpg1
20-12-2007, 11:56 AM
hi
im a surveyor,
there are lots of house kits available from many suppliers, do a search for timber frame or house kit.
plannning permission is your first port of call...
you can even get the supplier to erect it for a fee usually about ?2000 done in a week some.

best of luck....alan want any more help pm me