PDA

View Full Version : Homer in Hoop-la scandal

nss1888
17-07-2007, 08:06 AM
see what happens when you let a pagan and a donought loving cartoon character play together..... pic below.....

Full story HERE or below (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/dorset/6901543.stm)

Wish for rain to wash away Homer

Pagans have pledged to perform "rain magic" to wash away a cartoon character painted next to their famous fertility symbol - the Cerne Abbas giant.
A doughnut-brandishing Homer Simpson now adorns the hillside above Cerne Abbas, Dorset, next to the giant.

The ancient chalk outline of the naked, sexually aroused, club-wielding giant is believed by many to be a symbol of ancient spirituality.

Many couples also believe the 180ft carving aids fertility.

The Simpsons character was painted next to the figure on Monday in a publicity stunt to promote The Simpsons movie released later this month.

It has been painted with water-based biodegradable paint which will wash away as soon as it rains.

Ann Bryn-Evans, joint Wessex district manager for The Pagan Federation, said: "We were hoping for some dry weather but I think I have changed my mind.

"We'll be doing some rain magic to bring the rain and wash it away."

She added: "I'm amazed they got permission to do something so ridiculous. It's an area of scientific interest."

'Different and unusual'

It is not the first time the giant has been used to advertise products. He has been used to promote items as diverse as condoms, jeans and bicycles.

Mike Webb, landlord of the New Inn in Cerne Abbas, said his staff were amused by the temporary addition to the village.

"I think it is different and unusual," he said. "We've not heard any complaints here so far, but I'm not sure many of the local people will know who Homer Simpson is."

During World War II, the Cerne giant was disguised to prevent the Germans from using him as an aerial landmark.

Since then he has always been visible, receiving regular grass trimming and a full re-chalking every 25 years.

Miss L
17-07-2007, 10:10 AM
see what happens when you let a pagan and a donought loving cartoon character play together..... pic below.....

Full story HERE or below (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/dorset/6901543.stm)
hehehe so thats were nao went on his hols :roflmao: