PDA

View Full Version : Got Sky.. Any Benefits to Using a Dreambox?

mattbibby
13-07-2007, 01:21 AM
Hey Guys,

Like the thousands of other people searching for free TV I finally gave up and subscribed to Sky+ lol.

Now I remember looking a few months back at these Dreamboxes and I liked the idea I'd have some scope to play with.

I'm into my linux so one of boxes looks like a plan.. but before I go off looking, some questions sprang to mind..

1. Will I be able to stick my Sky+ Viewing card in a dreambox and it decode and recieve all the channels.

2. I live in North Wales, UK... are the any extra benefits with regards to other satellites channels/features I could achieve?

P.S Also can I stream from one dreambox to another over my home network... say If I bought 2 boxes? One for my bedroom (Main Box) and one for my study... could I stream the video from my bedroom to the study..

I cant be arsed running a Coax to my study... also that would require me to card-share which is illegal ;)

Any thoughts fella's

Thanks in Advance
Matt

krazylegz
13-07-2007, 04:40 PM
hiya welcome to the forum m8.

hope these answer your questions.

1)yes your sly viewing card will work and update as you download a cam to the box such as newcamd1.24+newcs(aswell as the configs.) these are available just by using the box with say nabilosat 0.8 or gemini image on and connected to the internet.

2)for you to recieve any other satellites you'll either need say maybes a 90cm fixed dish with monoblock or similar or for most of the satellites a motorised system(i get about 25+satellites on mine)

3)you can stream over the net to your pc or you can card share your own card between your two boxes