PDA

View Full Version : Question on burning 360 games ???

Dr X
10-07-2007, 10:14 PM
Ok probs easy and simple for a lot of peeps who already know lol but a friend of mine has asked me to do him some games for his 360.
Now i`ve go the games and they are between say 5.6gb and 7gb in size, and i`ve bought some dual layer disks and burnt one game for him to try as he had some one do a flash to the box for him.
Now when he puts the game it he says its not working, and when i`ve checked the game on the pc reading the disk as such, its showing the 360 logo and small video ect so i take it that the disk was burnt right.
But is the any special software i need to burn it to a disk or such or can things like say nero ect can be used ?
Also what speed is best to burn it at as i have a 16 speed burner.
Thanks for all the help ;)

Dr X

fergalsworld
10-07-2007, 10:27 PM
Dont have a 360 but for normal xbox i always nero and just click
recording-burn image and point it to the file which is usually a image file and burn at 4 or 8x speed.
Dont burn it as a iso data file.

Collider
10-07-2007, 11:31 PM
Dont have a 360 but for normal xbox i always nero and just click
recording-burn image and point it to the file which is usually a image file and burn at 4 or 8x speed.
Dont burn it as a iso data file.

Always found dvd decrypter(now imgburn) good for xbox games when mine was softmodded,also a program called craxtion was top notch ;)

Talisman
11-07-2007, 04:37 PM
What firmware was the 360 drive flashed with? The latest firmwares won't boot the backup disc if it doesn't pass the stealth checks. You can use a utility called "xdvdmulleter" to check the image - beta 9.7 is the latest version. Also the book type of the backup disc has to be set to "DVD-ROM" for it to boot.

Dr X
11-07-2007, 07:05 PM
To be honest i`m not sure what version the 360 has been flashed to but i`ll try find out tonight and let you know.
I managed to burn it fine but its just now trying to figure out why its not playing it. (:|
@ Talisman ----> you mention
The latest firmwares won't boot the backup disc if it doesn't pass the stealth checks
How would i find out which version this is >? or boot version its been flashed to ect.
Sorry but a totaly newbie to the 360 as i havent got one my self.
You also mention this software "xdvdmulleter" were could i get a copy of this and some info on how to use it ect, as i`m seriously thinking that he hasnt had the box flashed but thats just my personal view but i`ve not got the box here so cant check.
Thanks again for the help and info and anything more that anyone can help with i`m totaly greatfull for ;) might just get the kids one and falsh it myself then lol.

Dr X

Collider
11-07-2007, 07:14 PM
PM sent doc

Dr X
14-07-2007, 10:42 PM
Well i got the xbox here today as told friend to drop it off.
Version of what its flashed to is 5.3 something lol and i relized something else.
Its weather the 360 is flashed to say PAL or NTSF gaming, and so i done a game useing CloneCD as its supposed to be the best proggy to use with it, and so tryed a NTFC game and burned ok, but came up with an error in way of Region error so then i relized it must be in say PAL so done one and worked a treat.
Then tryed a region free and that also worked fine.
Seems that clone cd and IMG Burn are the two main proggys used to do such games for the 360.
Also just in case any one else needs to know, is that there is a small DVD or .DVD file in the game system and that is what is used via useing the clone cd, and make sure you set the speed to the 2.4 and all will work fine.
Thanks to all for the help, and hopefully this will help other.

Dr X

watto_uk
07-08-2007, 10:24 PM
I always use Xbox Backup Creator. Does both Xbox and 360. Burn with the XBC engine. Never had a failed backup yet.

Oh and use high quality disks. Verbatim always work for me. ;)

sini
11-08-2007, 03:42 PM
I use clonecd. Burn as slow as possible, I would recommend 2x.
Also if you have no .dvd file make sure you put the layer break in the right place. I think its 1913760.

tinkertiler
14-08-2007, 10:56 PM
Make sure that you are using DL+R discs and that you burn them at 4x. Some people will say they will work at 8x but i have encountered problems with this. I would also use IMG burn and NOT clone cd as clone has given me alot of coasters of late. It has something to do with the new version of clone so i gave up on it in the end. IMG burn is very easy to use you just have to set the layer break and all will be ok as long as the discs you are using are alright. Most people will say use verbatim or traxdata or something like that but they are expensive. So i have done some experimenting and found that Mirror 8x and Aone 8x discs are ok even though i will only burn them at 4x and if im burning Forza it has to be 2.4x as on a couple of the trax they dissapear while you are playing the game!

To set the layer break on IMG burn goto Tools/Settings/Write/options for layerbreak set that to user specified and then in the box below put 1913760 and all should be ok.

Good luck