02-07-2007, 08:43 PM
i think everybody should watch Heroes as it a great show

Lainie
02-07-2007, 09:35 PM
soz never heard of it

:oops:

robroy_2000
02-07-2007, 09:47 PM
Heroes TV Show on NBC: NBC Official Site (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. here is the link to heroes and it will be on bbc2 soon

ssmacc
02-07-2007, 10:43 PM
Best thing on TV, I downloaded it the day after it was each episode was aired in the states, can?t wait for the next series. Anyone who likes X-men or similar must watch it! I think BBC 2 is showing it in August. It?s not hardcore nerdy sci-fi, even my Girlfriend loves it!!!

cosmo
03-07-2007, 11:18 AM
agreed, good show, think season 2 is starting in the US around September time

chris1983
04-07-2007, 10:41 PM
Best program out just now! Well it's up there with Lost anyway. Needless to say I am a fan of the cheerleader. :)

Dr X
07-07-2007, 10:53 PM
Just grabbed a load of eps of this, and watched a little of it and i got to be honest and say that for a sifi type of programe its realy good and gets you gripped.
I`m a fan of the old 4400 as i got hocked on that aswell and now seems that this is going to be another one to watch.
If you like say things like say the 4400 well this in a way is simular but with out the special effects that each person has.
If you like such sifi things then this has got to be a must.

Dr X

Diablo13
14-07-2007, 03:58 AM
I love the 4400, though I now have to download it each week since the loss of Sky 1 on Virgin, which is a bit of a nuisance, having to rely on someone uploading it. If Heroes is in the same or similar vein then it's definitely 1 for me. Thanks for the heads up everyone, I'll look out for it when it comes on BBC 2. :tv: :thumbup2:

Diablo13
29-08-2007, 02:27 AM
I just wanted to say thank you to robroy 2000 for starting this post and to everyone else who posted telling me what a great show this is. I had never heard of it before but on all your recommendations I watched it and am thoroughly enjoying every episode. I might have missed what has become one of my favorite series if you all hadn't brought it to my attention. Great stuff, :) :thumbup2:

Shipoftheline
29-08-2007, 11:01 AM
Enjoyed it so far and I believe Chris Eccleston is in some future episodes :)

Diablo13
29-08-2007, 03:23 PM
Hard to figure out where Chris Eccleston would fit in to it with his very northern accent, but the show is full of surprises. How many of us have thought what it would be like to have a super power, how we would use it and which one we would like to have? Thats the beauty of heroes. No costumes and the simple concept of good versus evil, but ordinary people discovering they have abilities they never asked for and how they deal with the responsibilities that come with them. The scope and posibillities for this show are endless as the very different people gradually come together and their abilities and problems with them in normal life, catalyze together to form a very interesting and unpredictable storyline.
I have to admit my favorite character of the moment is Hiro, the little man with an awesome power that is so nieve in some ways and very comical to boot. The future vision of him as a Ninja type character with his sword, shows how far he has to grow up and how his abilities can completely change the course of his life.
TV at it's best.

Shipoftheline
29-08-2007, 04:05 PM
Apparently the person behind Horoes wanted a British actor and was told Chris was in town so jumped at the chance to get him.

Ps nothing wrong with a Salfordian accent just ask Ben Kingsley or Albert Finney :)

Christopher Eccleston’s Character on “Heroes” Revealed | Heroes: NBC TV Show/Series - News, Episode Reviews, Pictures, and Fan Forum (http://www.heroestheseries.com/christopher-ecclestons-character-on-heroes-revealed/)

Diablo13
29-08-2007, 11:01 PM
Sorry ship not knocking the accent. All dialects add colour to our language, as well as being a long time source of comedy. I was born in Hull which has a bloody awful accent, so I am the last pot to call the kettle black. :(
I just meant that it is such an American show he would appear to sound very out of place. However the show is still in it's infancy so no telling what surprises they may have in store for us.

Shipoftheline
29-08-2007, 11:13 PM
Not disagreeing with what you said but Chris can changed his accent as every decent actor can including Albert finneys recent role in Bourne ultimatum shown but the point is the yanks like Chris's accent’s as his role in Doctor Who shown you see the yanks have just got used to the southern accent and not realised theirs accents outside southern England, Scotland & Wales. The only problem the Yanks have is with our slang and that wont be a problem ;)

Diablo13
29-08-2007, 11:42 PM
I must admit I am not a big fan of Chris in anything, he always appears a bit wooden to me. Albert Finney is a great actor and I have no doubt he could do almost any accent he chose to. Everything I have seen Chris in he sounded like Chris so until proven otherwise I have my doubts as to his ability in that field. I suspect he will still sound like himself in Heroes for the novelty value, just as he did in Doctor Who, which for me at least didn't seem to fit the part.