PDA

View Full Version : Last few days

billy2
28-06-2007, 09:12 PM
No more smoking in my local in a few days , no more smoke smelling clothes when i get up in the morning ...great

chaz1974
14-07-2007, 09:21 AM
many might disagree with me but still do not understand the motive behind the ban. i do appreciate the ban but what harm does smoking cause others to that of drinking alcohol. alcohol leads to many destructions such as break up of family,extremly poor physical health, rta and death, physical abuse, domestic violence and the list goes on, as oppose to smoking. in this case i believe the emphasis should be on alcohol and not on smoking.

y2krog2000
14-07-2007, 11:27 AM
many might disagree with me but still do not understand the motive behind the ban. i do appreciate the ban but what harm does smoking cause others to that of drinking alcohol. alcohol leads to many destructions such as break up of family,extremly poor physical health, rta and death, physical abuse, domestic violence and the list goes on, as oppose to smoking. in this case i believe the emphasis should be on alcohol and not on smoking.
Not all people that drink do those sort things, its very few people and it has more to say about the people doing it than blaming it on the drink. If people want to abuse their own health by smoking by all means go ahead but do it somewhere where you wont be passing it on to non-smokers, I gave up smoking on new years eve and im well glad and I think this smoking ban will make others do the same. Oh and btw vast majority of people that smoke also drink so mabey its the same people who do the things you mentioned after they have had a few.

Kirsty
14-07-2007, 11:46 AM
I think this is a good idea as i dont like smoke and dont like people smoking beside me so for people who feel the same might enjoy going into a bar more. :2drink:

IrishGiant
16-08-2007, 10:07 PM
I totally agree with the ban and the reasons behind it. I have never smoked and it really does disgust me when i come home stinking of fags. However, it really is starting to spoil the atmosphere and the amount of people in pubs because they are all outside or in the smoking area!! lol. It's proven that bars are starting to suffer, profit wise. There must be a way we can work around this?!

Dr X
17-08-2007, 12:02 PM
Well im` a smoker and i have to agree with the ban, as it helps others that dont like it, and geting it all over the cloths ect.
But the way they are going about it and the pubs and clubs are suffering is wrong.
Personaly a lot of pubs are already suffering what with the price of a entainment lycence to be able to show sports in the pub, and the price they cahrg a month, i can only see it geting worse.
Its not as if we are in a hot country were people would`nt mind standing out side, but i mean its cold and its near on always raining so now its costing the pubs more as they need to build or put up make shift smoking aerias, and thats wrong.
I`m a none drinker for the last 16 years but i`m in the pubs more now than when i drank as i install sat systems and its so hard now runing a pub, and i realy do hope they sort something out, as they now say you cant smoke in a pub beer garden as its a comunial aeria :49:

Dr X

Lainie
17-08-2007, 06:22 PM
im an ex smoker and i do and dont agree with it. its been here in scotland for over a year now. i think its inhumane to make people stand in the pissing rain and winds etc for a ciggie. there should be at least some kind of shelter or smoking room for them. its great to sit in the pubs without having to breathe in cigarette fumes. have to say when up the dancing now the smell of BO at times is utterly disgusting. i have seen bar staff going round with air freshners as obv the smell of smoke used to hide such disgusting smells.