PDA

View Full Version : please please please help with eurovox max

amerr
21-06-2007, 10:47 PM
Hi people

I was trying to flash the firmware on my friends eurovox max and now i can't get it to switch on again. its got " _ _ _ _ " on the display now, i think i might have flashed the wrong software. I can't even seem to connect to it using the null modem cable, it just won't pick the box up.

Please help

mickyrobbo
22-06-2007, 12:20 AM
Hi people
I was trying to flash the firmware on my friends eurovox max and now i can't get it to switch on again. its got " _ _ _ _ " on the display now, i think i might have flashed the wrong software. I can't even seem to connect to it using the null modem cable, it just won't pick the box up.
Please help
Not into these boxes although messing with starview at the moment does this not mean a password m8 im sure the answer will be on here somewhere have a good look around the forum m8

Prisoner01
25-06-2007, 08:32 AM
Get another Max and clone it. Should be fine then

racky29
27-06-2007, 12:46 PM
how do you clone it with another box then, not heard this before

amerr
27-06-2007, 08:57 PM
Thanks people got it sorted now, while it was searching for the com port i took out the power cable and plugged it back in, and it reflashed

racky29
28-06-2007, 12:50 AM
ive found out the answer to my question anyway, reading around another site, 'how to clone your eurovox'
press menu/system information/1968
, if you can borrow another box it can be restored by set to set transfer.
Remove lid from faulty box and locate reset button.
Connect both boxes with null modem cable.
Go to menu on working box,/ config/ system info/ then enter 1968 on remote
2 options appear 'set to set download'
1. program code download
2. channel data download
program download should show.
press reset button on faulty box and wait a moment to see if dnld shows in display, might have to try a few times for it to catch or need to press OK on remote. Should start to download and when complete box will be restored.
Hope this helps.
Steve.