PDA

View Full Version : dose debranding a mobile unlock it?

thelostone
20-06-2007, 07:44 PM
I have just been quoted ?35to have my k800i debranded question is will this unlock it as well?I would like to do it my self but i am not sure i can thanks

DessertDog
20-06-2007, 07:46 PM
simple answer yes

wullboy
20-06-2007, 09:26 PM
I have just been quoted ?35to have my k800i debranded question is will this unlock it as well?I would like to do it my self but i am not sure i can thanks
DOES M8 DOES, if it`s an unlocked phone your after, then i`m sure you can get that done for ?15, ?20 ! why would you want it debranded ??

thelostone
20-06-2007, 10:46 PM
Thanks guys the reason i am thinking of getting it unbranded is because i have read the phone menus are better and it works better if you get rid of all the stuff the networks put on them

Pebblo
21-06-2007, 05:29 PM
Flashing a K800i DOES NOT UNLOCK/ will relock the phone if already unlocked,(To debrand it you need to flash it) but whoever is doing it should also make sure what ever software they are using unlocks it after the flash (For that price anyway)

Pebblo

Pebblo
21-06-2007, 05:35 PM
For some reason I can edit my post, after re-reading your post, I didnt actually answer you.

Yes you can debrand it yourself, but tbh, its safer to take it too a shop, mess it up, computer crashes half way through, power cut, little green men come an take your computer. ANy of them happen an it'll probbly brick the phone...

thelostone
22-06-2007, 08:53 PM
For some reason I can edit my post, after re-reading your post, I didnt actually answer you.

Yes you can debrand it yourself, but tbh, its safer to take it too a shop, mess it up, computer crashes half way through, power cut, little green men come an take your computer. ANy of them happen an it'll probbly brick the phone...Thanks i think if i have it done it will have to go to a shop dont no if it would be any better?

mouz
12-04-2008, 09:15 PM
mate debranding won't unlock your phone. I know this for sure.