PDA

View Full Version : RevA16 - Unlock?

derbyc316
21-06-2006, 10:52 PM
Got a Atmega AU but my little girl pulled the card out when it was on
Now its locked. I trie unlocking it using Busted but I have lost the keys on the card now. Its Reva16 how do i unlock?

Thanks

Steve

edcase
21-06-2006, 11:30 PM
Atmega cards simply emulate a rom10, the card will always remain at the codespace revision A16 as it cannot take updates like a real rom 10 card. The image on the card does not change. Busted is designed to work with real rom10 cards, not atmega cards.
I would just put it back in the box and hope that it will update the keys and begin working again.
If this doesnt work, your best bet is to read the atmega card and save the exteep from the card, as this will contain the IRD and BK numbers. then reprogram the atmega card.

edcase

derbyc316
22-06-2006, 09:07 AM
Thats my problem it won't read in Negra.
I know the BK & IRD
I just wanted to try it in another box to test it was working

edcase
22-06-2006, 11:38 AM
As I said previously, the atmega card is not a true nagra card, so you cannot read the card in nagraedit.

You need to read it in your programmers normal software, the card has an internal eeprom, and external eeprom and a flash.
The external eeprom is the nagra image with the IRD and BK.

Read the card and save all of the files.
Once you have the extEEP saved you can then convert it from a .hex file to a .bin file using swapbinhex. You will then have a .bin file that you can open with either toxic or nagraedit for your IRD and BK.
You can then edit the IRD and bK and save the image again, convert it back to a .hex file.
Then rewrite all of the files to the card. Make sure you program the flash last.

What type of programmer do you use, as someone on here might use the same one and be able to provide a little more guidance.

edcase

derbyc316
22-06-2006, 11:43 AM
Sorry
Its been a long time since I programmed it.
I'm using a Infinity phoenix. So all I do is change the BK & IRD on the EEP then load it on my card?
Sorry for sounding so dumb

clive58
22-06-2006, 03:36 PM
Yes if you already know the details of your box just erase the card and start all over again, it only takes a couple of mins.
Clive.

derbyc316
22-06-2006, 11:08 PM
Thanks I was a litle confused but now I remember I didn't use Negra.
Thanks if you hadn't helped I 'd of still been there now

edcase
22-06-2006, 11:16 PM
No problems mate, glad you're sorted now!

edcase