PDA

View Full Version : Noob!

Socrates
16-06-2007, 02:29 PM
Could someone explain the "Fun Card"? I have never heard of it. I have played with FTA and IRD-FTA, I have read about jtagging the digital cable boxes, but I have never heard of a Fun Card. In my area the only provider, other than sat, is comcast. Thanks for help!

zerofool2005
16-06-2007, 06:48 PM
A funcard is a type of card. Just like TIT2 or MOSC

Socrates
16-06-2007, 07:35 PM
Awesome, are those UK cards? I've never heard of them here in the USA.

zerofool2005
16-06-2007, 08:10 PM
There worldover i think. There a lots of places you cna buy them

Socrates
16-06-2007, 09:31 PM
Wow, I've never heard of them in the states. Doesn't mean there not here, but this is the first. What kinda of IRD are they used with, and who is the provider?

zerofool2005
16-06-2007, 11:35 PM
nagra ird i dont know about any other

Socrates
17-06-2007, 03:52 AM
Humm Nagra IRD...nagra is the encryption I thought not a provider. Maybe I'm confused. Here all I know for sure about is DTV and D!$4. I know that nagravision is used by D!$4, and I am sure other providers as well. So, I guess what I really would like to know is...what service provider does this allow you to pull. Like what company and sats. Thanks a ton for not just flaming me. LOL

zerofool2005
17-06-2007, 09:58 AM
nagra is an encryption. Dont know what provdor it will work for. Heres not the best place to ask as were mostly english. lool

master
25-06-2007, 12:46 PM
Hi Guys, Nagra is just a program for writing to or reading from mosc cards.

bamisto2
09-07-2007, 09:03 PM
Humm Nagra IRD...nagra is the encryption I thought not a provider. Maybe I'm confused. Here all I know for sure about is DTV and D!$4. I know that nagravision is used by D!$4, and I am sure other providers as well. So, I guess what I really would like to know is...what service provider does this allow you to pull. Like what company and sats. Thanks a ton for not just flaming me. LOL

hi m8! your right nagra is the encryption their provider i think is nthell and telly in their respected area your not confuse i think. cheers

djdoddy00
12-08-2007, 11:55 PM
A funcard is a atmel based flash eeprom card that basically emulates the nagra decryption system that is used in ROM cards used by the cable companies. It will work with any provider as long as emulation software has been programmed onto the funcard for a particular provider. Basically its copying the job thats done by the original ROM cards distributed by the cable cos and cannot be easily distinguished from original smart cards by the cable cos without stringent checks. If your cable provider uses nagra1 encryption it would be pretty easy to create a funcard emulation system for use there.

xenforce
14-08-2007, 04:31 AM

some of my mates here in asia use this kind of card for their boxes aimed at agila2 ku band... one co. in the philippines uses nagravision 1 video encryption... which makes funcard useable for their boxes given the right software of course