PDA

View Full Version : Colin McRae Dirt porblems!

tinkertiler
14-06-2007, 11:12 PM
If anyone has downloaded this game and is trying to get it to work there is a issue with the video partition on it. The dnl and the spare release of the game are causing problems. The people that do the firmware mods and the programs that check the games compatibility are stating that there is a problem with the video partition and there is a way to get the game to play on the new 1.2 firmware BUT and a big BUT the video partition is made up and not the original one and this could be detected by MS over LIVE and then you end up banned.

As soon as i find any more info i will post it here as soon as i can

This is the IRC statement :-

Topic is 'Dirt PAL PROPER DNL SAME AS PATCHED SPARE RELEASE (= still chance of it being new vid/detection risk) | Hitachi WIP, NO ETA'
* Set by M0mD4d!To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. .ircadmin.info on Thu Jun 14 21:55:21

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED! :goodluck:

tinkertiler
15-06-2007, 05:45 PM
There are 2 scene releases of this game one by DNL and one by SPARE. The DNL one has been reported to be ok. The spare version even when it is patched you still can be detected on LIVE.

If you are going to play online with this game and you download them make sure you get the DNL one even though it has now been nuked! It is the right one to have

Jewishguy
18-06-2007, 11:24 PM
There is nothing worse than having to download a large game, extract it ,burn it and find out it dosnt work...sometimes makes you wonder wether just to buy the game rather than go through teh hassle.:)