PDA

View Full Version : getting started!!

foxy
21-06-2006, 09:39 PM
ive been looking all over 4 info , ive been out and got a crossover cable but thats where i get stuck! is there any step by step instructions on how 2 plug in when 2 turn on and wots the best image ? running on sportster at the mo but fancy havin a go at putting another image on but dont wont 2 bugger it up:)

guyverdemon
21-06-2006, 10:08 PM
first get a crossover cable the set you dbox network to say 192.168.0.2 then go to newtwork connections in control panned select tcp/ip setting and chang it sected ip address then put in the same ip barr the last digit it must be 1 digit lower than the actual ip adress on the dbox, then select a ftp frogramme like flash xp go to site manager put the same ip as your dbox then usernam as root and password as dbox2 then connect you should have connected any problems give me a shout

renwich
21-06-2006, 10:42 PM
you need to read this m8, I't will answer your questions

http://world-of-digital.com/forums/cable-dbox2/1622-pt-1-s-latest-help-files.html

pau1200
21-06-2006, 11:04 PM
Once you can ftp into your box just ftp your new image file to the tmp directory. You should be able to select the image from the dbox flashing menu