PDA

View Full Version : Starview Shutdown

bobbykerr
08-06-2007, 07:56 PM
It would appear that cloned starviews with cloned v3.o s/w are going 'boing'.
Any one else suffered? How about you Dr.X. How are your 3 cloned v3.0 boxes doing?

kamrez224
08-06-2007, 09:41 PM
remove and install 257e working perfectly

Dr X
11-06-2007, 10:56 PM
Hi yea bobbykerr m8, regretfully i`ve learned today as my nets been off, that there is a timebom in the 300 software on the clones, so my best advice is for any one with it on to switch it into standby mode and then flash to the old 257 and the box will be ok and wont brick.
Very inportent to do this right away if u have it on a clone.
So sorry i havent been active to help peeps as have bad net issues at the minute.

zerofool2005
12-06-2007, 06:06 PM
it wasnt a timebomb it was that the processors in the clones went strong enough to handlt the new f/w so just packed it in

arzoo
13-06-2007, 01:15 PM
So does this mean no future clone friendly software will work at all?

zerofool2005
13-06-2007, 01:28 PM
The future software will work.

arzoo
13-06-2007, 04:59 PM
The future software will work.

So will the clone processors be able to handle the new software? And for how long? How is this possible?

Thanks.

zerofool2005
13-06-2007, 05:04 PM
the new software will have to be modified to be less processor intensive. That is of course the processor explanation is true

Dr X
16-06-2007, 12:29 PM
it wasnt a timebomb it was that the processors in the clones went strong enough to handlt the new f/w so just packed it in
Well you have different views on this then zerofool2005 m8 than a lot of others.
Dont get me wrong but every one to their own views and such, but the last few flashes are all working flashes, even the 300 clone which times out, and its all in the way the code system is wrote in the file or flash for such chips.
As you say, the processor it packed in, well most receivers have main chips and such but for years now m8 files and such have been edited and fixed so they do damage to receivers so the big traders can line their pockets with more money from the hard working customers.
This always happens when a new box comes out and they they start to say no software will be supported any more for them and only the originals ect ect.
In other words they want you to buy a new receiver off them they have for sale.
There is nothing more anoying than reading such on forums but you will always get the old clan the propper friends to the communities that will help get some new software out so the boxes can still be used.
In this game m8 its all a chance, and has been for years, as long as i know even in the D2mac days and when the humax came out, they said it would`nt be supported, and now its still going and one of the best receivers.
Never give up, keep looking and serching and something will finaly come about.

Dr X