PDA

View Full Version : Hd Tv

7kviper
21-06-2006, 07:01 PM
hi all, whats the latest on HD cable recievers on NTL, i understand that Telewest have taken over NTL and that already have a HD box out. Just wandering when we (NTL regions) might get this box.

thx viper...

le_sorcier
21-06-2006, 08:24 PM
sounds like good news! do ntl broadcast films in 5.1 surround sound?

2tone
22-06-2006, 10:33 PM
hi all, whats the latest on HD cable recievers on NTL, i understand that Telewest have taken over NTL and that already have a HD box out. Just wandering when we (NTL regions) might get this box.
thx viper...
I think ntl took over tw and they also own c&w all one now.Have seen the tw box looks nice,all the talk at the time of the new samsung was that that was going to be the hd reciever but was just not from what i'v heard

nic
22-06-2006, 11:16 PM
about to buy an HDready TV and currently have telewest installeed in the living room,wondering if i will have to upgrade to the new TV drive box to receive HD on the TV

bengaltiger
23-06-2006, 01:15 AM
Hi, Just wondering can the Tw HD boxes be chipped/hacked

2tone
23-06-2006, 07:53 AM
well think you need to unlock the card at the min as there is not a lot of info on the box at the min but might be wrong,as for receiving hd chans yes you will need the hd ready receiver as i think tw and sky are the only ones at the min transmitting hd siginals not sure about the bbc yet