PDA

View Full Version : advice on buying a dvd recorder wanted

tomboy1
08-06-2007, 04:37 PM
can anyone tell me where is the best place to buy a dvd recorder ?

this is what i want it to have
freeview
twin tuner
dvd burner in it
80gig hard drive

have had a look on currys & comet:s website but to get the above
seem very dear around ?200 upward;s . ps is there anything i should be looking for when buying a dvd recorder ? or has above covered everything ?

notanotherone
08-06-2007, 07:51 PM
quick question for you ...why do you want one? i have one and hardly use it i had to buy r+and r- discs for it and it wasnt really used all that much its relegated to the front bedroom i bought a cheap dvd player out of aldi 20 quid plays avi dvd jpeg mp3 you name it it does it all i download avi movies and play them on it 1 disc hold 3 or 4 avi films without loss of quality

tomboy1
08-06-2007, 09:54 PM
i want one as my plasma tv is not digital & when they turn off analoge i will need a box with freeview & a hardrive so i can copy anything off the tv when we go digital.Ii wont be able to copy one channell & watch another with my video recorder will i . Ps my plasma does not have freeview built into it

y2krog2000
08-06-2007, 10:06 PM
You can get freeview recorders that let you record one channel and watch another, it might be an option because they are cheaper and smaller and they are very quiet to.

Magnu420
09-06-2007, 12:57 AM
i hope this helps Buy Wharfedale DVDRHD400F DVD Recorder with Freeview/80Gb HDD. at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for DVD recorders. (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. sounds like what you want

notanotherone
10-06-2007, 03:00 PM
can anyone tell me where is the best place to buy a dvd recorder ?
this is what i want it to have
freeview
twin tuner
dvd burner in it
80gig hard drive
have had a look on currys & comet:s website but to get the above
seem very dear around ?200 upward;s . ps is there anything i should be looking for when buying a dvd recorder ? or has above covered everything ?
found this today it mite be worth while

ALDI UK: bargains, special buys,sales promotion articles (http://www.aldi-stores.co.uk/special_buys/special_buys_pid_54512.html)

tomboy1
11-06-2007, 01:14 PM
none of the above have a dvd player in them dont want to buy one of these & have to go buy a dvd player as well want it all in one

y2krog2000
11-06-2007, 03:42 PM
none of the above have a dvd player in them dont want to buy one of these & have to go buy a dvd player as well want it all in one
Magnus one has a dvd player/recorder built in.

zerofool2005
13-06-2007, 04:17 PM
Hi mum!

This is so scary that my mum was asking me to find her the exact thing this week. rofl

You should just get a cable connection and get a dreambox PVR. DVD's are becoming obsolite already. Plasma TV without freeview? You got duped there mate. Unless you got it dead cheap. Ive heard about these. Im suprised OFT arnt looking into these cases as people are being lead to believe they are digital. ive seen old women buying ?1000 HDTV's because they think there digital. And when they find out they only needed a ?20 freeview box they get pissed. I know they are still digital but its not what they needed