PDA

View Full Version : Calming WOD Page Changing !!

Jango
08-06-2007, 12:12 PM
Just wanted to say a quick thanks to who ever changed the site to have this very calming transition when changing from page to page.

It's gives the site that little bit of extra class.

Very nice

Jango.

berley
08-06-2007, 12:47 PM
got to agree with you jango, its a really nice touch but it only works on internet explorer the now

nss1888
08-06-2007, 01:15 PM
Aye, it dusnae work on IE6 SP2, but have just upgraded t IE7 SP2 and it's rather cool :grin:

notanotherone
08-06-2007, 01:37 PM
to be honest it sucks big time new post dont update ,its annoying causee you think theres something wrong,takes too long to get to where you want to be

fergalsworld
08-06-2007, 02:26 PM
Not everybody has ie7 im on ie6 and it just freezezs on me when i click on any link and i have to hit the stop icon to make the page show.
Needs fixing as i am not upgrading to IE7:gun: just to make it work.

berley
08-06-2007, 02:28 PM
its playing havoc with my cpu performance but other than that ive not experienced probs with posts updating or any other probs with it

only tried it out briefly on ie and although it doesnt work on ff it still plays havoc with the cpu

fergalsworld
08-06-2007, 02:33 PM
its playing havoc with my cpu performance but other than that ive not experienced probs with posts updating or any other probs with it

only tried it out briefly on ie and although it doesnt work on ff it still plays havoc with the cpu
If i dont hit the stop icon after the loading bar at the bottom has finished loading my cpu usage goes up to 99% and if i leave it like that my lappy shuts down after a few minutes.

Were is Gazer or H to sort it cos if its not fixed soon im off until it is because
how the hell am i suppose to moderate threads and posts when its like this.

Also if its happening to me its bound to be happening to other members just
look at how many members are online today its down by 70%.

notanotherone
08-06-2007, 03:50 PM
have to agree with fergals on this one its an absoulute nite mare as i said when i came on there was only 2 new post from last nite (which i dont believe ) and when i checked forum there was loads in bold but they werent showing ok i may not be the sharpest tool in the box but this isnt rite mu cpu usage goes to 100%

Lainie
08-06-2007, 06:03 PM
i got no idea what u are on about - im on ff

:-O :-O

The-Wappy-One
09-06-2007, 01:04 AM
i got no idea what u are on about - im on ff
:-O :-O

Basically its rather than loading a page it pre-loads and then fades one page in as the other fades out. thats why its causes lag on the cpu. its nice for about 20 mins then its starts to niggle me lol ;)

its done by

Actual one listed below

<META http-equiv=Page-Exit content=BlendTrans(Duration=3500)>

here are some of what can be done

0. Shrinking Box
1. Growing Box
2. Shrinking Circle
3. Growing Circle
4. Wipes Up
5. Wipes Down
6. Wipes Right
7. Wipes Left
8. Right-moving stripes
9. Downward-moving stripes
10. Right-moving boxes
11. Downward-moving boxes
12. Dissolve Screen
13. Horizontal Curtain Closing
14. Horizontal Curtain Opening
15. Vertical Curtain Closing
16. Vertical Curtain Opening
17. Wipe Away, Down and Left
18. Wipe Away, Up and Left
19. Wipe Away, Down and Right
20. Wipe Away, Up and Right
21. Horizontal Bars Dissolve Screen
22. Vertical Bars Dissolve Screen
23. Random Effect, for the Adventurous!

its i command ie handles but Firefox dont god i love Firefox lol just like firefox gont handle the glow command for text ;)

you could try lowering the duration so it seams more suttle ;)

DessertDog
09-06-2007, 07:44 AM
Good ol FF eh i have no idea what im missing but glad im on FF lmao

den456
09-06-2007, 12:25 PM
dont know if gazer has turned it offbut ive changed to chrom green screen settings and its stopped ... yippy was hell before lol.

Gazer
09-06-2007, 08:12 PM
yep iv turn it off....will be adding another style soon with it on and will have a play around with it to try and cut the cpu down on it ;)