PDA

View Full Version : Returning box to Germany

digitalman
21-06-2006, 06:30 PM
managed to convince seller in Germany that he has sold me a box with a sh*te tuner, and he is now prepared to accept it as a return and will send out another one.

Does anyone one know if post office will accept a lage parcel to send box back or do i have to arrange for a courier online?

Anyone out there ever had to return to Germany?

bladesftp
21-06-2006, 07:16 PM
yea i have had to m8 it aint cheap to either youll have to send it as international standard and it will cost ya about 26 quid to end it back m8

digitalman
21-06-2006, 07:24 PM
yea i have had to m8 it aint cheap to either youll have to send it as international standard and it will cost ya about 26 quid to end it back m8

small price to pay i suppose if i cant rectify it!

I take it that was standard international through the post office?

renwich
21-06-2006, 07:38 PM
make sure its insured and sent as registered so you can prove its been recieved m8

digitalman
21-06-2006, 08:23 PM
make sure its insured and sent as registered so you can prove its been recieved m8

good thinking Batman!

notanotherone
21-06-2006, 08:24 PM
you have to watch m8 i sent one back as well it took 4 weeks to get there and i was told by my post office that i couldnt track it cause they dont do it but i did take out insurance for it was getting worried when it hadnt arrived back because i knew the guy as i had got 1 of him b4 well i was just about to put a claim in when he tiold me it had arrived sent out replacement the next day for me oh it cost me £29 to do it as well

bladesftp
21-06-2006, 08:49 PM
wow 4 weeks nao thats a long time mine took 7 days to get there so i suppose i was lucky

digitalman
21-06-2006, 10:32 PM
even though the guy never said anything about it, am i right in thinking should i put the original image back onto the box before i post it back?

renwich
21-06-2006, 10:40 PM
I would defo m8 then he cant say the warranty is invalidated by you having changed the software

notanotherone
22-06-2006, 01:53 AM
even though the guy never said anything about it, am i right in thinking should i put the original image back onto the box before i post it back?
thats what i done m8

digitalman
22-06-2006, 12:50 PM
you have to watch m8 i sent one back as well it took 4 weeks to get there and i was told by my post office that i couldnt track it cause they dont do it but i did take out insurance for it was getting worried when it hadnt arrived back because i knew the guy as i had got 1 of him b4 well i was just about to put a claim in when he tiold me it had arrived sent out replacement the next day for me oh it cost me £29 to do it as well

Im using a service on line https://To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. only charging me £21 to return two boxes including insurance upto £250!

Its gonna take 2-3 days they using UPS to send it, give a tracking ref that you can check on, on their site, pretty good and cheap - i think!!!!!!!!

digitalman
27-06-2006, 06:37 PM
cost me £21.16 including insurance upto £250, they picked it up from my house Friday afternoon, and received by the guy in Germany this afternoon.
Not bad - delivered within THREE working days

if anyone needs to return anything to Germany, try this site:

Interparcel : Discount UK & International Parcel Delivery & Courier Services (http://www.interparcel.com)