PDA

View Full Version : XDA Exec from O2...

tiko123
21-06-2006, 05:33 PM
Does any one have the and used the XDA Exec from O2? i am considering upgrading to this incarnation. not bothered about the bulk as its the features i am interested in?

prodigy
27-06-2006, 10:19 PM
I have got one and it is fantastic, a bit big though but beyond that excellent. Drop me a private message if you have any questions.

ireland-batt
28-06-2006, 11:11 AM
ive got the mda pro from tmobile you can get unlimited web access for 7.50£ per month on your contract

mn2005
19-08-2006, 08:31 PM
I have one mate. it`s a proper VGA screen, so you will not believe tyhe quality of a converted movie. bluetooth, wifi, irda and takes an SD card. when you first get it don`t set up any of the software , but choose advanced. It is a big chunky bass, but more than makes up for it with features. and I`ve had mine for nearly a year now and the swivel mechanism is still spot on..

bigpurplepenguin
22-08-2006, 12:33 PM
Had my exec for nearly a year. It's been a bit trial and error but one you get it set up the way you want it it's great.

Some good points:

VGA screen - great for browsing the net and playing games
keyboard - good size and proper number keys unlike some of the smaller pda's
swivel screen - for PDA of 'laptop' mode

Some bad points:

A bit chunky, but i use a Jabra bt850 headset with caller display for answering calls.
Crashed some times, usually I'm testing something new. when u know it's limits and have some patience it's usually solid.

Some programs i couldn't do without:

TCPMP - Plays full screen video, much better than WMP10. (free)
Netfront 3.3 - VGA tabbed net browsing
Resco explorer - File/network explorer, registry editor and more.
Sunnysoft backup manager - Great for making a complete/partial backup.
MS vioce command - Voice recognition dialing, playing media etc.

If you've got any other questions feel free to ask

James

icek
28-08-2006, 10:17 PM
Also got the MDA PRO from Tmobile and its great but a little chunky...

dutch_andy
12-01-2007, 10:23 PM
XDA Orbit

I have just got an XDA Orbit from O2, It is fantastic very light 136 gramms
The screen is very good quality, Supports Wifi, Windows Mobile 5

And the best Bit Integrated Sirf III GPS receiver, If you are lucky you may get GPS Software with it, They charge ?100 to purchase seperately or load TomTom Navigator 5 or 6 on and you are laugthing for car navigation and phone / PDA all in one.

Pictures and more details
https://shop.o2.co.uk/phone/O2/XDA_Orbit

Review
O2 XDA Orbit Review : Best buys for O2 Phones UK : O2 XDA Orbit Reviews (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Hope it helps somebody

Hunter
12-01-2007, 10:36 PM
i own the O2 XDA Mini S which is a lot similar to this phone and very good may i add B-)

B2B
13-01-2007, 02:54 PM
XDA Mini S rocks, built in wifi is excellent and my tomtom gps pairs perfectly enabling hands free driving. They just get better and the mini s is not too big, in fact its smaller than the original nokias we started off with a few years back.

B2B

DanMB
16-01-2007, 03:52 PM
I have the XDA Exec i cannot comment on the 3G though as im currently using a 2G P&G Sim. It is an excellent phone especially if you get a 1gb card (Pref 2GB) if you have downloaded any moves no need to convert just drag it to the memory card. Quality is unbelieveable

abynk
17-01-2007, 09:06 PM
I have used both MDA Pro and XDA miniS, I wold recommend XDA MiniS than XDA exec
But XDA Orbit will be a nice thing with inbuilt GPS, (no more pairing )

ghost_deini
26-01-2007, 01:02 AM
have you seen the xda flame???
that thing make me drool