PDA

View Full Version : Dreambox Remote Control

nezzeo
05-06-2007, 10:20 PM
Got my first dreambox today and having a bit of fun with it
Just wondering though, my dreambox sits about 3 metres away from the sofa, and there appears to be a range problem going on. If I'm up close or within a metre or 2 its fine, remote control works great. The moment I'm sat on the sofa at about 3-4metres away its very hit and miss.

Is this just a dodgy remote/dodgy dreambox(possibly a clone) that I've got going on? Or is this a known issue?

pac_man
06-06-2007, 12:34 AM
I havent had this sort of problem and my box is 4-5m away. The problem is probably where you are pointing your remote. The further you get away from the dreambox the more accurate/precise you have to be.
If the range is really bad then it may be faulty or signal interferance maybe...Also you may want to try a one4all remote and see if that works fine? Hope this helps..:wod1:

Timoweb
06-06-2007, 09:30 AM
Got my first dreambox today and having a bit of fun with it
Just wondering though, my dreambox sits about 3 metres away from the sofa, and there appears to be a range problem going on. If I'm up close or within a metre or 2 its fine, remote control works great. The moment I'm sat on the sofa at about 3-4metres away its very hit and miss.

Is this just a dodgy remote/dodgy dreambox(possibly a clone) that I've got going on? Or is this a known issue?
Yes this is a known problem with clones especally the ones with the big black remotes like jabs sell. To fix buy a original remote but they are not cheap have a good look around the net if stuck DM600pvr DM500C DM500 DM7020 DM7025 DM8000 Dreambox Digital Receiver (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. sell them or you could try a learning multi remote of some sort.

nezzeo
06-06-2007, 01:25 PM
Cheers mate, at least I know its the remote and not the dreambox (hopefully!). I'll try me a new remote, perhaps an all in one or something and see what happens

Is there any known codes for these all in ones. I know most have learning facility but it'd be handy just to enter a code rather than going through ALL the buttons.. :)

satman
11-08-2007, 07:17 PM
i've had to bring this subject back up to life.

a friend of mine has the same problem.

i loaded it with the dw 1.6.2 file and still the problem exist.
he has changed the battery to newer ones.

the remote is the original grey one.

faulty sensor on box???

Timoweb
17-08-2007, 12:23 PM
i've had to bring this subject back up to life.

a friend of mine has the same problem.

i loaded it with the dw 1.6.2 file and still the problem exist.
he has changed the battery to newer ones.

the remote is the original grey one.

faulty sensor on box???
Hard to say. Has your friends remotes coloured buttons quite high and not about 3mm distance from the plastic?

satman
17-08-2007, 02:53 PM
the buttons on the remote look normal...

i have also tried 3 other remotes but still the problem exists

Timoweb
17-08-2007, 06:47 PM
Sounds like the pick-up in the box. Not seen if its posible to replace anyware. You could open your box look and see if theres any branding on it and try to replace the part.

matuk
17-08-2007, 10:32 PM
if look on ebay get remote from thir m8 np