PDA

View Full Version : netid funcard gone wrong

snowy
05-06-2007, 08:57 PM
Hi
I am in ex cw area and everything was working fine with the help of funcard fix chaos v3 for AU.
Then I used the netid funcard. I have done everything on the tut (including reseting the box by means of the red jumpeer). Unfortunately I have a BLACK SCREEN now.
I have tried to put back the choas but nothing works.
What am I doing wrong?

fergalsworld
05-06-2007, 09:23 PM
Hi
I am in ex cw area and everything was working fine with the help of funcard fix chaos v3 for AU.
Then I used the netid funcard. I have done everything on the tut (including reseting the box by means of the red jumpeer). Unfortunately I have a BLACK SCREEN now.
I have tried to put back the choas but nothing works.
What am I doing wrong?
Is your netid and frequency correct in the eng menu.

amouse
05-06-2007, 09:25 PM
Snowy - I might not be able to help other than tell you how the fun netid setter worked for me when I last used it. Here goes:

I pulled the jumper out or at least a minute. I remember once putting back on the wrong way so make sure you put it the right way.

I then booted to the engineers menu to make sure the network id is a number with several nines. From that screen I then put in the funcard netid setter. The box automatically rebooted, and then I remember it getting stuck.

After waiting a few minutes I then removed the funcard, booted to the engineers menu. I checked the network id was correct and it was. I then entered the new pin and restarted the box with the proper funcard in, and all was well.

It this all fails then give the whole thing a go again. Good luck.

snowy
06-06-2007, 12:33 AM
Fergalsworld and Amouse thank you for your reply.

Amouse you said
..........After waiting a few minutes I then removed the funcard, booted to the engineers menu. I checked the network id was correct and it was. I then entered the new pin and restarted the box with the proper funcard in, and all was well.

Can you please explain the following please

1. when you ckecked the netid it was correct? do you mean that it was 09999 or something else.
2. how did you put the pin number. In my case all i get is a black screen.

Tomorrow I will give two more goes from the begining(red jumper reset twice as I don't know which side is the right one, I will mark one side so that I know which side to use the next time.)
I will let you know the result as soon as possible.

amouse
06-06-2007, 09:36 AM
Snowy - please find my answers in below:

1. when you ckecked the netid it was correct? do you mean that it was 09999 or something else.

REPLY: The netid was correctly set to the one for my area. ie: the id I set in the file I created for the funcard.

2. how did you put the pin number. In my case all i get is a black screen.

Reply: I did this via the eng menu. When you say you have a blank screen I take it you cannot get to the eng menu. If your screen is blank continuously could it be a dodgey scart connection?

snowy
07-06-2007, 08:15 PM
Thank you guys for replying with solutions. Following is the step by step guide to what I have done. (Please ignore the CAPS I am not shouting at all its copy and paste stuff).

step 1. CREATED A NEW FILE IN WORDPAD AND PASTED THE FOLLOWING INTO IT.

:10006000nnnnppppppppff000000000000000000cc
:00000001FF

REPLACED nnnn WITH MY NETWORK ID. 41050 INTO A05A

REPLACED pppppppp WITH YOUR PIN NUMBER. 1234 INTO 31323334

REPLACED ff TO 00 TO SET THE NETWORK ID TO SET THE PIN NUMBER.

DIDN'T DO ANYTHING WITH THE cc AT THE END IS THE END OF LINE CHECKSUM.

SAVED IT AS inteep.HEX

Step 2. FOR FLASH FILE I USED netid_fun_v1.6.hex

Step 3. FOR EXT EEPROM I USED BIN FILE WITH KEYS FROM 24 MAY 2007

STEP 4 PULLED THE RED JUMPER FOR A MIN AND REPLACED. WENT TO ENG MENU SYM WAS 3652, FREQ WAS 666750 AND NET ID WAS 09999

STEP 5. INSERTED THE CARD INTO BOX, THE BOX REBOOTED IMMEDIATELY AND WENT TO A BLUE SCREEN WAY NOT TO REMOVE CARD IT IS UPDATING,
THERE WAS A LOGO OF CABLE AND WIRELESS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE SCREEN. UPON COMPLETION IT REBOOTED THEN PROGGRAME GUIDE APPEARED WITH NO
LISTING OF THE PROGGRAMES. REMOVED THE CARD.

STEP 6. PROGRAMED IT WITH CHAOS V3

NOTHING HAPPENS ONLY A BLACK SCREEN.

REBOOTED TO ENG MENU AND WENT TO MONITORING PAGE IT SAID TUNING PROG CORRUPT.

PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP ME.

gaz
08-06-2007, 09:03 PM
Hi

The link to netid v2 fergalsworld has given you in his post is a lot easier to use. Once you have programmed your netid card and you`ve pulled the red jumper go into EM. id should be 09999 put your card in and box will reboot and eventually sit on channel 999. Rewrite your card with the AU files with the chaos flash for your area and your exteep remember 2 erase your card a couple of times. Also write your exteep first and then your flash. I usually tune to channel 511 and wait for card to update after a few minutes picture appears, job done.

snowy
09-06-2007, 09:28 AM
Hi Gaz

Thanks for you reply.
yeah you are right the netid v2 is very easy to use. I did prog the funcard, removed the red jumper and replaced it (pic enclosed)then went to eng menu and did see the netid to be 09999 and inserted the card and it did rebooted twice but no message comes up to say anything and the programe guide at the bottom of the screen only shows the time but no other info like channel name or name of the programe.
Anyway the netid goes back to be 63535 but does not stay 0999

NB the red jumper I assume is to the right of U240i in the picture. In the pic I also note that PL2200 (left of red jumper)that there are exposed prongs. What is it for and why they are exposed????

telboy
09-06-2007, 01:46 PM
yes mate thats the jumper needed to reset

snowy
24-06-2007, 04:21 PM
I am in barking where net id should be 41050 according to tut.
after the red jumper reset I go to the eng menu where I see freq=666.750 symbol rate6.952 and the netid = 09999.
I then insert the card (programmed with netidv2 1.7 final)the stb reboots twice. It show the epg with only the date and time, nothing happens and then it goes black screen.
I then reboot and go again to eng menu, the ned id changes to 65535
Should it be 41050, 09999 or 65535 ???????
I am confused.

I have tried so many times but can't get it to work.

ronakp
08-09-2007, 05:30 PM
Hi Snowy,
Did you manage to solve this?. I think I have same. with netid on 65535 .