PDA

View Full Version : Vhs To Dvd

henry the 8th
05-06-2007, 08:28 PM
Serious question could someone pm me details of how i go about transferring vhs on to dvd ive got a video and also a dvd recorder but am not sure how to connect them etc any help appreciated

DessertDog
05-06-2007, 08:33 PM
scart lead on vhs in the out socket and the other end into the dvd input simple as that.
Or you could do as i have done buy a dvd writer that also has a vhs recorder built in then its just dubbing from one to the other.

notanotherone
09-06-2007, 02:49 PM
but you have to remember that some vhs tapes are protected and cant be written to dvd or unless DD knows of a way around this ?

jakebt123
09-06-2007, 11:52 PM
Serious question could someone pm me details of how i go about transferring vhs on to dvd ive got a video and also a dvd recorder but am not sure how to connect them etc any help appreciated

the vhs protection is called macrovision its an old analog thing but most modern dvd recorders if they detect it they throw up a warning e.g phillips in the display you will FPROT , you can get round this with a device called a macro buster which goes in line with your scart or even cheaper search dvd forums for your model of dvd recorder there you might find secret menus to disable macro protection , but if your doing mostly home videos this sis np problem , hope this is some help to you m8

y2krog2000
10-06-2007, 01:21 AM
You can get special scart leads that will let you copy any videos/dvds with macrovision, have also heard that by removing a certain pin in the scart lead will allow you to copy any videos with protection but tried it and found out this does'nt work.

zerofool2005
17-06-2007, 11:04 AM
Maplin> MACROVISION DISABLE CABLE (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. 20CABLE)

jstev21
17-06-2007, 03:27 PM
i used my ace little Daewoo DF4150P dvd recorder with built in vhs, seemed to work with anything no probs at all... dvd > vhs or vhs > dvd quality was brill too