PDA

View Full Version : Sky Digibox Help Needed

mickyrobbo
04-06-2007, 09:09 PM
Hi I have an old sky digi box a pace model 2200 was just wondering can anything be done to these to get free telly
Cheers if not anybody need a box

starbuck
04-06-2007, 09:15 PM
Hi I have an old sky digi box a pace model 2200 was just wondering can anything be done to these to get free telly

hi with it set up correctly you should be able to pick up the bbc,s and itv,s film 4, true movies 1+2 and many more that transmit fta.

krazylegz
05-06-2007, 02:25 AM
as starbuck says but you wont get channels 4,5, sky sports news etc like u would on a free view box

mickyrobbo
05-06-2007, 09:06 PM
hi with it set up correctly you should be able to pick up the bbc,s and itv,s film 4, true movies 1+2 and many more that transmit fta.
Is there any way you can put me in the direction of how to set it up or a link on this cheers,as I think the stuff in the satalite section is for the other pace boxes cheers

starbuck
05-06-2007, 09:11 PM
Is there any way you can put me in the direction of how to set it up or a link on this cheers,as I think the stuff in the satalite section is for the other pace boxes cheers
is ur dish up and sky digi box connected??

mickyrobbo
05-06-2007, 09:15 PM
is ur dish up and sky digi box connected??
yes I had sky but canceled and have a dbox in the room but the cables r still there

mickyrobbo
05-06-2007, 09:29 PM
yes I had sky but canceled and have a dbox in the room but the cables r still there
Hi I am just remembering that I could get extra channels when I used to go into the service section on sky remote can I do it this way by searching in there manually,or changing the frequinces of the channels

krazylegz
05-06-2007, 10:49 PM
it doesnt matter what frequencies u change mickie nearly all the channels apart from what starbuck listed are protected by NDS so u wont be able to view them without a valid sub.

to view the ones listed just hook up reciever again and stick card in and go to the channel. if it's FTA it'll clear if not it wont.

but remember u wont get as many channels as on a free view box as to get them u need to purchase a 'free to air' card from sky for about 20 quid

starbuck
06-06-2007, 12:09 AM
Hi I am just remembering that I could get extra channels when I used to go into the service section on sky remote can I do it this way by searching in there manually,or changing the frequinces of the channels
unplug the sky box remove card wait 5-10mins then power back up and it should set it self to the british settings

101 bbc1
102 bbc2
103 itv and so on

icum
06-06-2007, 09:51 PM

yeah get a 9volt bat and a modem lead for the sky box ...
incert the lead in the sky box cut the other end and conect it to the 9volt bat.... i think its the two middle wires...
been a while since i done it.......
it fools the Box into thinking its conected to a phone line..
FREE PPV...........

THE PPV IS ADDED TO THE CARD SO DONT CONECT IT IN A PHONE LINE AFTER..

mickyrobbo
07-06-2007, 12:18 AM
incert the lead in the sky box cut the other end and conect it to the 9volt bat.... i think its the two middle wires...
FREE PPV...........
Hi and thanks for your reply I done the thing with the phone years ago got all the movies for free I just changed the phone number out settings with the remote and the box could not phone out,,but months later I got a huge bill as somehow the box reset itself and they must of just added up the bill for all the box office movies bummer

krazylegz
07-06-2007, 02:00 AM
FREE PPV...........

just totally ignore this micky. the card needs to have credit on it for it to work and it wont have credit on it if the cards been unsubscribed m8

maoo
07-06-2007, 05:42 PM
Hi and thanks for your reply I done the thing with the phone years ago got all the movies for free I just changed the phone number out settings with the remote and the box could not phone out,,but months later I got a huge bill as somehow the box reset itself and they must of just added up the bill for all the box office movies bummer

The best way to get around that little issue is to have your number changed to withheld after you have your sky installed and setup, sky at present has no way to trace back which customers box sent them the data if the number is witheld (which is why they always ask if you have a witheld number when they install, so they can add the prefix to remove witheld numbers in the installer menu).

You wont have to pay for any movies ever again lol (although thats not true either, you have a max of ?50 credit limit on the card, which is more than enough for a month in skys opinion, since they expect your order info to come back to them at the end of each month, they then reset the limit, but if they don't get the info the limit will dry up pretty fast, so the above mentioned scam is really only worth ?50).

Yet a further little trick is to report your card as lost after you max the limit out (the kids lost it, dog ate it etc lol), they will send you out a new card at a cost of ?10-20 depending, but you could be looking at ?30-40 of free interactive and movies, only don't do this often as they will clock on that you did't really lose your card every month :P.

zerofool2005
10-06-2007, 08:54 PM
What we should do really. Is put something onto the line so that we can log what data is sent when the card is cleared. Then create that ourselves and clear the cards ourself