PDA

View Full Version : Dreambox PPV

ptaz
21-06-2006, 04:34 PM
Is it true that you can get all ppv channels with dreambox. How is this possible. I have read that if someone on the same street is watching a ppv event then you can piggy on. Can you not watch what you wanna watch or just watch what someone else is watching.

ray123
22-06-2006, 12:50 AM
m8 trying is beliving, stop dreaming , good luck

Devilfish
22-06-2006, 01:23 AM
Is it true that you can get all ppv channels with dreambox. How is this possible. I have read that if someone on the same street is watching a ppv event then you can piggy on. Can you not watch what you wanna watch or just watch what someone else is watching.

You are correct. For TW it's called Teleport and for N*L I think it's called N*L: On Demand. If you have the these frequencies in your services file then you can watch these channels. But only of someone has ordered something in your area. I don't know what radius it is, i.e. limited to your street, district, town, etc. If someone has ordered something (usually Eastenders) then you will be able to watch it too. But, if they pause it for whatever reason, it will pause on your tv too. You don't get any epg for these channels because the person alreay knows what they've ordered. You won't know when someone has ordered a program so you'll probably miss the start of it. If there's nothing broadcasting on a particular frequency then it will say 'channel not found'. For TW, there are 90 Teleport channels so you have to trail through all of them before you find something that's on, then you find out that it's something you don't want to watch (like Eastenders), but if if you did want to watch it, you've missed the start, so what's the point in looking through them anyway! :)

They frequencies for TW are in the download section if you want to try them. If you're using one of the autoscanning images, put the channels in the myservices.xml file and you won't loose them.

eeyzka
27-06-2006, 10:37 PM
yeh m8 unfortunatley its almost impossible to watch the front row movies but you can still watch the boxing and wrestling on ppv when it cums on

lee1975
04-07-2006, 12:13 PM
I think sky box office events on cable will not be able to use the VOD so i think they will stay the same just like prem plus so i dont think you have any problems there

sambo
08-07-2006, 02:40 AM
Luck of the draw if they're working in your area or not.

holla
29-07-2006, 11:42 PM
it wud be great if u cud get the ppv channels unlike ntl boxes

snowy1998
02-08-2006, 12:49 AM
And hey if you are in a Telewest area, then like me, most likely the films on PPV you downloaded and watched 12 months ago on their nice fast broadband service :) :) :) :)