PDA

View Full Version : Dreambox 600pvr

Bainsy
04-06-2007, 03:51 PM
Hi I just ordered one of these and would like to ask some silly questions now

1/ what is a cam and what dose it do

2/ what are bouquets and what do they do

3/ I see that images are personal choice but what would yo recommend

and is there anything else i should know.... I also dont have a HDD yet as ill wait till i got spare cash will this be a problem?

Timoweb
04-06-2007, 04:40 PM
1/ Gets keys to let you watch all channels
2/ Channels sorted into groups
3/ Pli modded one in downloads

And read the top sticky there is a guide in it!

Bainsy
04-06-2007, 05:24 PM
1/ Gets keys to let you watch all channels
2/ Channels sorted into groups
3/ Pli modded one in downloads

And read the top sticky there is a guide in it!
thank you one more thing I should get the box in the morning so would like to know do I just follow the guide or do I need to update any firmware fist?

Note this is my 1st linux box other have been plugnplay boxes(eurovox, replaylite)

EDIT: another thing why is there more than one cam dont they all do the same thing?

Timoweb
04-06-2007, 06:55 PM
These are Linux system run totally diff to replay. Yes you will need to load and image on it. Modified one mean they have been changed for you. Some cams work better than others in different areas and different images Evo and mg tend to work in most. I find evo and gbox work well for me.

This is for the 500 but will help you alot http://world-of-digital.com/forums/f84/dreambox-how-v-0-5-a-11615.html

Bainsy
05-06-2007, 11:31 AM
Ok all went well no problems I manualy scan for a few chans and they work great

One thing is the auto scan symbol rate isnt on 6887 so how do I change that can do it in manual but not auto?

Timoweb
05-06-2007, 12:02 PM
Yeah i just noticed i have a different on my box. I might re-upload image with new cables file just working on a new skin and was waiting untill i finished.

FTP the cables file to /etc/tuxbox/ and overwrite the one in there when asked. The reboot yoour machine and you will have 6887 option in scan.

Bainsy
05-06-2007, 12:30 PM
That file makes it have a fatal error when I enter the scan menu :(

edit It says fatel error when I go to auto scan now all the time ill try replacing all the files again

Timoweb
05-06-2007, 12:43 PM
Unrar file then overwrite cables.xml file then chmod 755 then reboot your box.

Or if you know how to use dreamboxedit, back-up files from your box then overwite the cables file in your back-up folder then send files with dreamboxedit to your box, done.

Bainsy
05-06-2007, 12:58 PM
Nope just did everything from the start and changed the cables file and all i get in scan is fatal error networks failed to load

EDIT give me 5 I think I may have feplaced the wrong cables file :( ill go again

Timoweb
05-06-2007, 01:01 PM
I will have a look when i get home. I have a different version of cables file at home and it works every time for me.

Bainsy
05-06-2007, 01:13 PM
Just to keep you updated I did the whole thing again and just changed your cable file and still get error :(

im going to try it without your new cable file and ill update this after i tryed.

EDIT: ye it is that cable file as if i do it without the new cable file its no problem

Timoweb
05-06-2007, 03:40 PM
This is the one i am using. Its just a cables file i modified. Send it to your box with Llamaware dreamboxedit (select cable tab). This works 100% for me on any image i have tried.

Timoweb
05-06-2007, 06:21 PM
If it still dont work reset the user setting by;

Open internet explorer or your default web browser and type this in the address bar (change the 10.0.0.97 to the i.p. of your box);

http://10.0.0.97/cgi-bin/reloadSettings

Wait for it to say ok then

http://10.0.0.97/cgi-bin/reloadUserBouquets

Wait for it to say ok then reboot your box. :goodluck:

Bainsy
05-06-2007, 07:17 PM
Ok thats got it I think it had something to do with the fact thats theres 2 cable file and I needed to replace them both. Many many thx for your help

Bainsy
05-06-2007, 07:46 PM
Ok looks like im all good to go one last thing I downloaded the program you upped to edit chans and favs where are the files stired that I need to edit as I can only seem to load the ones you put in and it dosnt display my last scaned list?

Timoweb
06-06-2007, 09:24 AM
Thats because if you send my files it will overwrite your service file. You need to do a full scan now. Send files from box to pc sort out then send back to your box.

Bainsy
06-06-2007, 02:40 PM
I seem to be missing some chans like nick toons and a few others my other 2 boxes pick them up no prob but cant get the dreambox to grab them any ideas of what can cause this?

Timoweb
06-06-2007, 03:50 PM
You should get every channel. Try another scan it should pick them up. Also i noticed with all boxes 500/600/dbox scan works better at quiet times like late night or early morning, this could be a fluke though.

Bainsy
06-06-2007, 10:56 PM
It seems to pick up new things every scan so im sure ill get it one day :)

Is there away to manually add it I know the a,v,p 's ? kids just gota have nick toons lol

Timoweb
07-06-2007, 09:53 AM
You could try to modify your service file, you need to know all the info where it is transponded, below is one of my service files;

<transponder id="0047" onid="0031" frequency="419000000" inversion="2" symbol_rate="6887000" fec_inner="3" modulation="3">
<channel service_id="1bbd" name="UKTV Food" service_type="01"/>
<channel service_id="1bbe" name="UKTV G2" service_type="01"/>
<channel service_id="1bbf" name="UKTV People" service_type="01"/>
<channel service_id="1bc0" name="UKTV Style+1" service_type="01"/>
<channel service_id="1bc1" name="Discovery Health" service_type="01"/>
<channel service_id="1bc2" name="Discovery Kids" service_type="01"/>
<channel service_id="1bc3" name="Discovery Wings" service_type="01"/>
<channel service_id="1bc4" name="Eurosportnews" service_type="01"/>
<channel service_id="1bc5" name="Nicktoons TV" service_type="01"/>
<channel service_id="1bc6" name="BBC Asian Network" service_type="02"/>
<channel service_id="1bc7" name="BBC Radio 1" service_type="02"/>
<channel service_id="1bc8" name="BBC Radio 2" service_type="02"/>
<channel service_id="1bc9" name="BBC Radio 3" service_type="02"/>
<channel service_id="1bca" name="BBC World Service" service_type="02"/>
<channel service_id="1bcb" name="BBC 7" service_type="02"/>
<channel service_id="1bcc" name="UKTV Gold+1" service_type="01"/>

This is an old service file but you get the picture and i dont have a clue if modding it will work, never had to.