PDA

View Full Version : spyware/addons etc

smooth_cruz_khan
02-06-2007, 06:07 PM
i downloaded this really bad add on and try to del it but it aint happing!!!went to prog files del it but still its flasing at the buttom!!its doing my head in any ideas on some free soft?or how to do it on my internet expoler?

nathughes
03-06-2007, 12:23 AM
try disabling in internet explorer.
tools -> manage add-ons -> enable or disable add-ons

Collider
03-06-2007, 12:36 AM
Try this to manually remove it ;)

http://download5.emsisoft.com/a2HiJackFreeSetup.exe

smooth_cruz_khan
03-06-2007, 02:05 PM
ive done everything poss but theres 1add on left on the buttom left with the other sortcuts it keeps on flasind telling me to download a spy software and i cant find the fille in search and iff i hide it i comes back on when i restart the comp, and i cant dele it on the settings(it only gives me hide or show opption)

berley
03-06-2007, 02:31 PM
have u looked in add remove programmes to see if theres anything suss in there that shouldnt be there, google for spybot search and destroy its free and quite good

mickyrobbo
03-06-2007, 02:49 PM
i downloaded this really bad add on and try to del it but it aint happing!!!went to prog files del it but still its flasing at the buttom!!its doing my head in any ideas on some free soft?or how to do it on my internet expoler?
Hi mate what is the add on you put on because there is more and likely a few programes with it under different names and thats why you can not find them,as berley says Spybot search and destroy is good but can be a bit dangerous if you delete wrong programes,,make sure you back up if using this,,another thing you can download for free is startup manager which lets you turn off programes at start up ,without you having to go into your system and try and do it that way hope this helps

dx100-uk
04-06-2007, 11:56 PM
if not download and run ccleaner
that has a very good uninstaller.
sounds a wee bit like a virus to me though.

goto the panda online scanner and run that
post the report back here

dx100uk