PDA

View Full Version : cant access more than insurance site ????

notanotherone
01-06-2007, 08:46 PM
heres one for you ive been using ie 7 and went to get a retrieve a quote from morethan online site that i did at my work last nite ,and it wouldnt let me in keept saying i was`nt connected to the internet and check my settings or that they had a problem you know the usual thing well i went to my mates just accross the road we got in np and also to my m8s 3 doors up same again and i asked someone on the net to see if they could get in they too got in np ?and i cant get into it on my lappy either ive tried FF even went back to ie 6 am not blocking it in any shape or form and i can get into any other insurance site and get a quote ???? ive foned the company and they say all is fine ?????

krazylegz
01-06-2007, 09:15 PM
that well weird nao but only u can fook up something like that :roflmao:

have you tried disabling firewall/antivirus/antispam/antispyware etc just incase them are blocking it somehow?

dx100-uk
02-06-2007, 01:19 AM
cookies problem. clear the cache.

download and run ccleaner under the log in with the problem.

then make sure you have internet option/advanced/empty temp files option ticked.

dx100uk

notanotherone
02-06-2007, 12:27 PM
cookies problem. clear the cache.

download and run ccleaner under the log in with the problem.

then make sure you have internet option/advanced/empty temp files option ticked.

dx100uk
tried all that still doesnt work why would it still happen on my laptop as well ? anywya done ccleaner but still the same on lappy as well as main computer i can acces every other site but not this one been in touch with frm theyr still saying all is well their side ?

y2krog2000
02-06-2007, 12:57 PM
Were the other computers you tried it on using internet explorer, I would install opera and see if it works.

dx100-uk
02-06-2007, 02:15 PM
are you via a wireless router?
if ccleaner has not do it and its the same on two pc's at your ad, then you must have added to blocked site on the router.
no problem here btw.

dx100uk

berley
02-06-2007, 02:38 PM
Your network router or firewall software may be blocking access. To find out if your router is causing the problem, unplug the network cable that runs from your cable modem to the router, and plug it directly into the network (ethernet) jack on your computer -- temporarily cutting the router out of the loop. If that solves the problem, check your router's manual to see if it can block or unblock certain ports. It's unlikely, but it may be configured to block port 443, which is used to make secure connections.

notanotherone
03-06-2007, 12:06 PM
Your network router or firewall software may be blocking access. To find out if your router is causing the problem, unplug the network cable that runs from your cable modem to the router, and plug it directly into the network (ethernet) jack on your computer -- temporarily cutting the router out of the loop. If that solves the problem, check your router's manual to see if it can block or unblock certain ports. It's unlikely, but it may be configured to block port 443, which is used to make secure connections.
well berley you struck gold hun it worked ......you were right (again) thanks hun now all you need to do is find the problem with the router and how to cure it :roflmao:

dx100-uk
03-06-2007, 02:09 PM
a factory reset will do it.
prob a little hole somewhere that you push a paperclip through?
pull the power off before you do it though

dx100uk

notanotherone
04-06-2007, 08:42 PM
a factory reset will do it.
prob a little hole somewhere that you push a paperclip through?
pull the power off before you do it though

dx100uk
tried that and it didnt revert back to facotory setting will have to get in touch with company or just dissconnect from rouyter and use it that way

dx100-uk
04-06-2007, 11:52 PM
then you aint doing it right
whats the router model/number

dx100uk

notanotherone
05-06-2007, 10:42 AM
then you aint doing it right
whats the router model/number

dx100uk
tried this and it works i went in via a proxy server and got in np