PDA

View Full Version : builder wanted

tomboy1
31-05-2007, 09:17 AM
i have just moved into a new house and need a builder to put a driveway in for me i will buy the stuff all i want is a cheap builder to do the job for me does anyone know a builder that wont ripp me off ? . Dont want to end up getting a cowboy in & find out months later that the drive is sinking . I live in northern moor manchester . If anyone can recommend a good local builder i would be greatfull

DessertDog
31-05-2007, 09:57 AM
without disrespect you want a cheap builder your gonna get a cheap job m8

tomboy1
31-05-2007, 10:46 AM
i know said cheap but what i mean is someone who will do the job ok for a fair price just dont want to be ripped off as we all now there is a lot of cowboys out there.just look at house of horrors on the tv plenty of them . I am not after getting the work done for nothig just dont want to be conned that all

berley
31-05-2007, 11:14 AM
just look at house of horrors on the tv plenty of them . I am not after getting the work done for nothig just dont want to be conned that all

seen that on the telly this past few weeks, it really saddens me to see them ripping off innocent people so easily, specially the oap's - a lot of whom cant really afford to be ripped off, pity there wasnt a website to name n shame the peeps or even a website to name the good ones in your area

wullboy
01-06-2007, 10:45 PM
Should always use registered tradesmen, in my line of business, were are accountable for our work, as our work is monitored,

berley
01-06-2007, 11:40 PM
oi wullboy wots ur line of work ? since u live near to me

oh no hope my edit dont show, just read the title again and im guessing ur a builder

tomboy1
03-06-2007, 08:50 PM
got a builder to do the work for me now he;s doing my drive on monday cost ?270 for two runners for my car to go on i have got the stuff at a cost of ?191 so dont think thats too bad he is a registered builder so things seem ok