PDA

View Full Version : Straview Key Rollover

bobbykerr
30-05-2007, 08:47 PM
1 week on and its a Rollover! Yep its happened again.
Key 01 & Key Data (1st BIT only) has rolled over.
Got mine working manually as I think I got a clone.

ivanx
30-05-2007, 09:20 PM
Can you just explain to me im a bit thick,Just wanted to know what keys and how you entered them ...regards

satdoc
30-05-2007, 09:44 PM
reprogram your box with new software version 3.00 it will auto roll but it will fry clone boxes

bobbykerr
30-05-2007, 10:11 PM
Just to put the theory behind the CLONE issue in context.
DR X has provided some pictures of 2 boxes. 1 is said to be a clone and the other original. I dispute this and would suggest that the photos may be the other way round. However I have since discovered that original boxes were made with different rear configurations i.e SCART connectors to the left and/or right side of the rear. So this info is not conclusive.
The remotes may be a clue as here the photos are correct but both work with either box so this dosn't really help much either.
The packaging and manual again are clues but not conclusive although an original manual would suggest an original box????

DR X has provided a reasonable tutorial on how to manually configure the keys.The data you need should be available in WOD if you search hard enough. Rules do not allow me to expand.

Dr X
30-05-2007, 10:33 PM
Well i can honestly say, i have every one of the boxes, even a fta101 and then a first gen starview and then the clone and i can say the pictures are to the rear a very inportant thing to look at, as it will show that the twin tuners on the clone ones are together in middle of the rear.
I`ve got a jtag ordered this week and will try re-proging the chip and then see what i can do in way of eather making or editing the 300 software as to get it to work with the clones.
This will eather be done by taking a good original cip our and reading info ect and then trying if poss to get some of the chips, as there is still a lot to be done and checked.
If you falsh your clone to the 300 software it can work on some boxes but untill you turn it off and its then bricked, and the same goes for the 2.60 software so stay clear of that one also.
I`m only telling all this i a way of offering the members on WOD some support as to what not to do but its up to you all as to what you do with your one stuff, all we would like to say is if it bricks it then dont say you havent been warned, thats all i`m saying.

Dr X

satdoc
31-05-2007, 06:28 PM
there is a clone friendly ver 3.00 out but is it better then the orig which has glitches ie freezing & signal loss

bobbykerr
31-05-2007, 10:58 PM
How do you know this & if your right where can I get it from and how will I know its v3 clone and not v3 original

What do you know about satdocs post ie v3 for clone?

Dr X
01-06-2007, 12:30 AM
Yes there is a clone out which i will be testing later on today if any one wants to wait and see, i will test it and then if it works i will be happy to upload it for all to use.
We do try here on WOD to post such files that have been tested and tryed and if they have not tested it will say in the file been upped.
Best thing is to wait and see if say a fellow member that is know posts a working file.
There are more good folk than bad on the net, but then there is also some that just want to see people crying because they tryed a killer file and bricked their box, so please be carefull.

Dr X

bobbykerr
01-06-2007, 01:24 PM
Hows it going Dr X. Any news on the Clone s/w?

Dr X
01-06-2007, 09:21 PM
Will have the results of the testing of the new software post up tommorow as i had to jtag some boxes to bring them back to life.
I only have three to test with and am told i will have the jtag tommorow in the post so till then there is nothing i can do in way of the testing of the software.
As soon as i have done the testing and checking of the file i will post the results on WOD here in the revelent section, and also the software once it is safe to use.
Sorry about the delay, but best been safe than sorry as they say ;)

Dr X

Dr X
03-06-2007, 02:20 PM
Ok i cna now honestly say the new file for the clones works fine, with out any issues.
The file it self is in the download section and has been posted by Diablo13.
I have now done it on 3 boxes and also changed the codes to all show 00 00 00 00 ect and has in less than 2 mins updated.
I can now say this file in the Download section works fine.
Sorry for the delay in posting and update but all is working fine and viewing back for all to use.

Dr X

jw_2000_uk
04-06-2007, 11:19 AM
Ok i cna now honestly say the new file for the clones works fine, with out any issues.
The file it self is in the download section and has been posted by Diablo13.
I have now done it on 3 boxes and also changed the codes to all show 00 00 00 00 ect and has in less than 2 mins updated.
I can now say this file in the Download section works fine.
Sorry for the delay in posting and update but all is working fine and viewing back for all to use.
Dr X

Cheers for that m8.One thing,dya reckon the old ration type will be added to the new images?

New ratios are all over the shop!

mickyrobbo
04-06-2007, 08:07 PM
any idea where i can get new keys from
Hi m8 drx Has put post in the starview section you our going to have and do some reading and you will find it ,,but you might have to get your posts up a bit as you will not be able to download till you have over 15 constructive posts m8 thats the way we all got our help C U around the forum m8

Hunter
04-06-2007, 08:09 PM
any idea where i can get new keys from
and if you keep asking the same thing all over the place i,ll have to keep deleting your posts.
15 constructive posts
READ THE RULES

kamrez224
05-06-2007, 05:46 PM
programme your boxes with software 257e,it is working fine,remove 300

bobbykerr
08-06-2007, 07:51 PM
What do you mean? v2.57 is not foine ons starview as it does not AU.
It looks as though v3.0 is dodgey after a week.
What is it your saying>

Bigruss
08-06-2007, 08:42 PM
ive never had to put a key in i just upload the update what am i missing?