PDA

View Full Version : technomate 9100???

satman
30-05-2007, 08:43 PM
been keeping a close eye on this receiver of late as there has been a huge price drop(special offer).

what so goooood about it?

Devilfish
31-05-2007, 03:13 AM
I think it's the only technomate that has a linux OS and can run images like enigma.

This mean the firmware can be modifed and emu, softcams and plugins added.

It's got a good tuner so will be good for low signal satellites.

I've just got myself one so we'll soon see how good it is. Not much support for it yet but hopefully that'll pick up.

satman
31-05-2007, 07:21 PM
what about CS?

pm me if you dont want to post the answer on main forum cheers

satman

briles
15-06-2007, 08:46 AM
what about CS?
pm me if you dont want to post the answer on main forum cheers
satman

That does sound interesting, can't find any info on it though.:sad:

krazylegz
15-06-2007, 07:48 PM
yes m8 it's capable since it's linux based and has networking capabilities.

will be a very good box for c/s since it has 2 card slots and a cam(CI) slot:)

cant wait to get mine after wedding;)

Devilfish
16-06-2007, 01:13 AM
Things are picking up with this receiver so I'd get one while it's at a good price.

Now has the option of multiboot via the memory card slot...up to 1GB SD cards. It also takes iTGate images so there's loads more available now.

Mgcamd_1.23 now opens TPS, Premiere, Multivision and TV Globo. So even if you can't CS there's still plenty to watch.

briles
18-06-2007, 10:39 AM
cant wait to get mine after wedding;)[/QUOTE]

Good luck with the wedding m8, but best to buy now as it's down to 99 quid, can't see that lasting long ?

krazylegz
18-06-2007, 01:02 PM
she'd string me up if i got one now lol

briles
18-06-2007, 11:59 PM
Possibly the worst picece of timing arond athe no imo, lol. You poor man, hope she's s good un. Best wishes by thre way - can't beat a really good wedding,

beermat
01-07-2007, 10:35 AM
I took delivery of my TM9100 on tuesday and had it up and running after a very fraught 24 hours, it's my first linux reciever and it's a very interesting piece of kit.

I've got TPS D+ and Premiere open and my next step is to delve into the world of CS as this is presumabely the holy grail and why we're all here !!!

They dropped the price drasticaly ?99 is what i paid as there is a 9100 super now but I'm very pleased with it, although I've barely scratched the surface with it.

Next step is to set the 9100 up wireless with a bridge connector and a very steep learning curve awaits.

It will be interesting to hear what peoples opinions and experiences are.

thedoon
01-07-2007, 12:07 PM
hi beermat..i was wondering witch image u settled with ???but by the sounds of it u not had time 2 play to much with it .as u did not say ..i like the DS TEAM 3.2v2 for TM9100 ..looks nice and if it works as well as there ITGATE images that will do me fine

"That what does not kill us, makes us stronger"

krazylegz
01-07-2007, 12:42 PM
sod it i'm going to order one the missus will have to kill me;)

briles
01-07-2007, 04:13 PM
Yep, same interest as you Beermat.Been doing a bit of reading into it, but that's it so far. Got the same stuff working, so the old TM1500 is looking redundant now. Already had a spare HDD, so that's in and very handy piece of kit for the money.:D

beermat
01-07-2007, 10:41 PM
hi beermat..i was wondering witch image u settled with ???but by the sounds of it u not had time 2 play to much with it .as u did not say ..i like the DS TEAM 3.2v2 for TM9100 ..looks nice and if it works as well as there ITGATE images that will do me fine

"That what does not kill us, makes us stronger"

I'm using the new UR 009 Beta, a real doddle compared to my first ever attempt with 005.

I'm stil trying to get to grips with all the different names of everything a completely different kettle of fish to the TM1000D

I prefer the technomate control centre 6 for downloading images to the 9100 as opposed to the dreambox one, too complicated for my liking

Next is trying to work out how to edit channel lists and then try and find out exactly what it can do !!!

beermat
02-07-2007, 08:46 PM
Guys, my next step is to make my 9100 wireless, my question is ...

Is a Linksys WirelessB WET11 the correct piece of kit for the job and would anyone recommend it ?

Seem to be lots of different ones on fleabay all promising different things and i would appreciate any insight before i spend the money

Cheers

krazylegz
03-07-2007, 09:57 AM
suppose it will work. i've just got mine wired to my linksys wrt 54gs router and mine works spot on

briles
03-07-2007, 05:46 PM
Guys, my next step is to make my 9100 wireless, my question is ...
Is a Linksys WirelessB WET11 the correct piece of kit for the job and would anyone recommend it ?
Seem to be lots of different ones on fleabay all promising different things and i would appreciate any insight before i spend the money
Cheers

Try Amazon too, got mine very reasonable off there.