PDA

View Full Version : British man eats dog in royal fox protest

y2krog2000
30-05-2007, 01:43 AM
A British artist ate a corgi dog, famous for being Queen Elizabeth II's favourite breed, in protest Tuesday after a group including her husband Prince Philip allegedly killed a fox earlier this year.
Mark McGowan, who has previously eaten a swan as part of a performance art show, tucked into the dog alongside Yoko Ono, the widow of ex-Beatle John Lennon, live on a London radio station.
"I know some people will find this offensive and tasteless but I am doing this to raise awareness about the RSPCA's inability to prosecute Prince Philip and his friends shooting a fox earlier this year, letting it struggle for life for five minutes and then beating it to death with a stick," he said.
The RSPCA (the Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals) is in charge of handing over evidence to British prosecutors in cases where they believe acts of cruelty to animals have been committed.
They said they found "no evidence" that any offence had taken place in January, when the incident took place.
"An independent post-mortem examination was carried out and found that the fox died from gunshot wounds -- and no evidence of other injury or trauma was found," it said in a statement.
"The only witness who could have supported the version of events reported in some sections of the media refused to give a statement."
McGowan said the dog, which died at a breeding farm, tasted "really, really disgusting," and added that Ono "looked a bit strange" as she also tasted the dog.
The queen has owned more than 30 corgis during her reign, which started in 1952, and currently owns four -- Pharos, Swift, Emma and Linnet.
British man eats dog in royal fox protest - Yahoo! News UK (http://uk.news.yahoo.com/afp/20070530/tod-britain-animals-offbeat-6058bda.html)

Diablo13
30-05-2007, 03:38 PM
I suppose that makes it alright then because it was done in protest? Ever heard of 2 wrongs don't make a right? As for Yoko Ono she's always been a weirdo who courts publicity any way she can. She was only ever famous for being John Lennons partner and a complete waste of space. Its good that this disgusting stunt was only given publicity on Yahoo and not in any serious media context.

y2krog2000
30-05-2007, 03:47 PM
Yoko and John Lennon were both high profile vegetarians and I dont know why she would want to be sat beside someone eating a dog either.

Shipoftheline
30-05-2007, 05:39 PM
A British artist ate a corgi dog, famous for being Queen Elizabeth II's favourite breed, in protest Tuesday after a group including her husband Prince Philip allegedly killed a fox earlier this year

Kinda shows just how braindead the hypocrites are

wullboy
30-05-2007, 05:47 PM
Was it curried ???

Shipoftheline
30-05-2007, 06:19 PM
No HOT :roflmao: