PDA

View Full Version : new installation disk??

jollygreengiants
29-05-2007, 08:42 AM
i had ti reinstall windows xp and lost my internet connection(ntl/virgin media)...i dont have the ntl internet installation disk anymore..but know my ip address but not the subnet masks etc....do i need a new installation disc to get my internet back up.

nss1888
29-05-2007, 09:18 AM
hey JGG,

I'd say aye... If you phone them to get the info you require Subnet masks etc, then they are just gonna ask you wheather you have run the installation program sucessfully...

give it a go tho, you never know, you might find a helpful support desk bod (they do exist, or so I'm led to believe) who'll talk you through everything ...

hope this helps...

Declan
29-05-2007, 11:11 AM
if you have it connected via ethernet just plug it in and it will work, but if it is usb then you will need the drivers

y2krog2000
29-05-2007, 11:11 AM
I think you only need the cd if you want to use it with a usb lead, because I never even used a disc when I was with them. If you have just done a fresh install make sure you have your ethernet drivers installed then plug everything in and then turn the modem of for 30 seconds then turn it back on and it should work.

seamouse
29-05-2007, 03:06 PM
as above the disk is really for moving ur email address instailling the poo pc guard

davep
01-06-2007, 09:43 AM
disc is not needed at all
ethernet connection - don't need to do anything, just plug it in.
usb - you can find the drivers on the motorola site, if you have the motorola modem, which I believe is the onnly one they use.
If you use the blueyonder/telewest/virgin media emailaddress you will need settings for this, you can find settings for this by typeing inb a google searching saying something like blueyounder outlook express settings.