PDA

View Full Version : DR X's -- Starview TUT

lats
27-05-2007, 02:17 AM
Hi Dr X,
Firstly thanks for the TUT on Starview,
I have followed it word for word but I am afraid I still cant gt my starview to work, my problems are
1) I followed your instructions on how to get the K@ys for my area (which is Ex C&W) but one thing i noticed is that Key 00 has the last 2 digits blank and I am not sure how to enter blanks in the last two boxs on my starview box.
After entering the keys and leaving what was already in the last to boxs for key 00 I Exited but no joy nothing but BB$ channels :(
2) I thought perhaps I might have enterd the keys wrong so I went to stage one of your TUT and when i got to the provider screen my provider had changed and after i selcted my provider the keys were not what i had enterd :(
So basicly I am confused please any help would greatly be appreciated
Thanks
Lats

Dr X
27-05-2007, 11:13 AM
Ok m8, first off, you have tp press the ok button when you enter the keys as if you dont then it wont save to the main memory of the reciver.
What i will do is make a small Picture tut and ask for it to be added to the original tut.
I will make it today and tyr get it added.

Dr X

lats
27-05-2007, 03:03 PM
Thanks Dr X

I will give this a go now but I am sure I followed it as you explained in the pictures,

But i will give it another go

thanks
Lats

Thanks Dr X got it working I was getting the wrong k%ys from RSTupdater, But I downloaded the k%ys again and checked the K&ys with updater and got the right ones now

So thanks again

Lats

Dr X
27-05-2007, 06:46 PM
Your totaly welcome m8 and its a pleasure to help, and makes it all worth while when i see a fellow members happy.
As you stated in your first reply, wasnt working, but as you know, try again and with the little help from pictures ect it does help, and i`m glad you have your viewing once again ;)
If and when a file is out to enable the clones to work i will test them and the one that is uploaded for the clones will be the one that works as i will personaly test myself.

Dr X

lats
03-06-2007, 12:29 AM
Hi Dr X

I look forward to the clone version i have a clone so i will wait untill then I am entering the keys manualy for now

Lats

Dr X
04-06-2007, 09:55 AM
Sorry for the long delay on replying m8 as i totaly forgot about this post.
Just to let you know the clone software is now up in the download section by a fellow member.
I can say the clone software is working fine and does AU hope this helps as i have tested the file and working fine.

Dr X

lats
04-06-2007, 12:27 PM
Thanks

I will attempt to flash the starview today

thanks again for al your help
You made all this very easy.

Lats

arzoo
04-06-2007, 01:02 PM
Thanks
I will attempt to flash the starview today
thanks again for al your help
You made all this very easy.
Lats

Can you let us now how you get on?

Cheers.

lats
04-06-2007, 05:50 PM
No Succsess :((

when i flash with GTRom software i get a message saying flash failed!

got the instructions from Starview Software (Download sction) they are pretty much staright forward but stll no joy

perhaps the problem is in the serial cable so back to maplins

Lats

jango36
05-06-2007, 10:12 AM
New to starview
How easy is it to flash the box?
what do need for the job?

arzoo
05-06-2007, 01:36 PM
I just flashed my box with the new clone safe f/w and all seems fine, noticed some new features too such as Full sreen & auto time etc epg still crap though. Flashing was pretty straightforward, just make sure you follow the instructions carfully(look in the downloads section).

Big thanks to everyone who worked on this:thumbup2:

No Succsess :((
when i flash with GTRom software i get a message saying flash failed!
got the instructions from Starview Software (Download sction) they are pretty much staright forward but stll no joy
perhaps the problem is in the serial cable so back to maplins
Lats

Have you made sure youve selected the correct com port in GTRom & set the Baud rate to 115200 in device manager?

lats
05-06-2007, 02:36 PM
Hi All

Got it working , it was the serial cable the one i was useing was not a null cable, any how arzoo you got it going before me.
Brilliant guidance on this forum every one very helpfull.
Thanks all