PDA

View Full Version : Any beer drinkers

Collider
24-05-2007, 03:23 PM
Would like to know if anyone on here has done or attempted to do a homemade beer and what was the outcome of this?

Shipoftheline
24-05-2007, 03:52 PM
I remember my dad used to make his own beer and didn't seem to mind it. He also done homemade wine but after a few years just stopped

Magnu420
24-05-2007, 04:00 PM
the last time i made homebrew beer was about 20 years ago,i made cider,and bitter but i tried to make some i.p.a (indian pale ale) i ended up putting too much sugar in the bottles and when you opened the bottle it was like a volcano erupting,the cider turned out cloudy and it tasted rank but it got you drunk also i had a do of making rye whisky and that looked and taste like hooch,you knew about it next day with the hangover

Collider
24-05-2007, 04:09 PM
:roflmao: @ mags your supposed to leave it to clear you nutter lol

Magnu420
24-05-2007, 04:14 PM
:roflmao: @ mags your supposed to leave it to clear you nutter lol

i couldnt wait for it to clear i was thirsty

Lainie
24-05-2007, 06:38 PM
if anyone is making vodka please give me a shout

cheers

notanotherone
24-05-2007, 07:33 PM
if theres free samples going scott am your man

wullboy
24-05-2007, 08:27 PM
free samples......yes please, (after all, i`m scottish )

Collider
24-05-2007, 10:00 PM
Looks like im making few bottles then phew

Timoweb
31-05-2007, 03:44 PM
I made beer for about two years untill my car got nicked which had my gas bottle in the back and fittings and stuff. I still have some gear left if anyone wants it, bottle capping machine barrel bar pull pump. Brew bins now used for water changes on my fish tank.

Collider
31-05-2007, 10:45 PM
hey timo il have your brewbins mate lol,can never have enough ;)

Timoweb
05-06-2007, 07:13 PM
hey timo il have your brewbins mate lol,can never have enough ;)
Need them for me fish tank m8, they make ideal water change buckets.

smokinajayuk
24-06-2007, 12:48 AM
if theres any free beer about im up for some of that

The-Wappy-One
01-07-2007, 10:51 PM
Timoweb is that beer capping machine still up for grabs

Mi brew is almost done im brewing 40 pints of geordie mild ale... i've had to drink lots of Newcastle brown ale for all my bottles but it was worth it lol...

I'll post some pics of the finished article when its done.. but a tip for all new brewers i recomend Wilkinsons for all your kits, buy them separate and its cheaper that there own kit lol, I've spent only ?17 (minus the beer bottles they have been recycled ;)) and there geordie ale 40 pint brew tins are only ?5.99 what a bargin im a few days from bottling and i've just realized i need one lol DOH!!

its easy steralise your gear (i did it in the bath tub)

put it in a warm place (same cubard as my combi boiler)

leave it, and test regularly for the thing you drop in it to go to the blue marker and then bottle (see im a noob)

and then once bottled leave for about 10/20 days then drink making sure the sediment stays in the bottle ;)

THAT EASY EVEN I CAN DO IT!!!!

Collider
02-07-2007, 08:24 AM
Hydrometer wappy lol,didnt know wilkisons did kits will pop down there in a bit ;)

Btw i got some geordie lager on the go,all bottled just have to wait for the next 5/7 painful days for it to clear

Billyboy1949
04-10-2007, 06:29 PM
Hi didnt do beer but baught kit packs for liquers cheery brandy/peach snaps from local health shops took about six to eight weeks to brew blew me brains out

branchton
15-03-2008, 09:40 PM
A friend of mine made the home brew once and honestly it tasted awful...he brought it to a party and cleared the place.

ianskill33
17-05-2008, 02:42 PM
i brew lager or bitter and stout.i usually brew coopers australian and muntons.i brew as normal in brewing bin for 7 days,syphon the contents into a proper pub type keg,leave to mature and clear for 2-4 weeks. serve the beer using co2 and decent pump going through a cooler. the results are very good.i must admit,i do it using proper kegs,co2 and pumps.i even use a guiness mini cooler. the stout also looks and tastes good with a proper head using correct nozzle at the pump.

p.s. i must stress though using kegs involve high pressure inside.once the beer is carrying on fermenting and clearing inside causes the build of gas.you need to know how to use the fittings,and never attempt to unscrew the fitting of the keg until no gases are inside,the result would be fatal.

doc crock
19-12-2008, 08:49 PM
I have a great memory of comming fome to a sea of beer in my drive after my dad messed up brewing beer and 200 bottles decided to start exploding in our shed, he never tryed again lol