PDA

View Full Version : Blank Black flashing screen

snook123
24-05-2007, 08:18 AM
Right I now know what is coursing this I assumed it was something to do with fw2 files but I have found out that this bloody box will not accept Gemini images!!! enigma works fine neutrino works but any Gemini you get a black flashing screen after you reboot I tried 4 Gemini images 2.7,2.9,3.4 and the latest 3.5 I tried using dreamup, telnet, flashwizzard and ftp using the blue button restore on dw image still same I have concluded that the box must be faulty has anyone else had this problem? Im thinking it?s a boot issue as when I telnet onto the box its fine and ftp can see all the files. Dreamup does say there is an error when you switch the box on. Hopefully I can send the box back. Just thought I would let you all know just in case some else gets a similar problem don?t waste your time on it I have spent 3 days now!!!!! Cheers

Just got reply from where i bought the box they say it could be a virus on the software???? what!!! anyone heard of a virus on an image!!!??? he says if its a virus i will be charged! thinking my pants r down and im about to get it!!!

Timoweb
25-05-2007, 11:42 AM
With the latest dreamup there is an Erase

Connect dreamup to box> Erase
Then after full Erase> Flash image

I would bin the copy of Gemini which you have tried to flash before and download a fresh image.

P.S. you cant FTP Gemini images and software update over a non Gemini image!