PDA

View Full Version : er20

paddy
20-06-2006, 02:08 PM
Hi all done alot of searching for the above problem{Er20_ Timeout on receiving NIT } but to no avail so just wandering if anyone can help ive done all the usual pulling red jumper etc even shorted the battery in desperation but still the same it just goes from pace to er20 on the display it just wont let me into eng menu any help would be great as this box is driving me f**king mad thanks all

twobeercans
20-06-2006, 02:16 PM
often a result of the wrong frequency being used

regards twobeercans

paddy
20-06-2006, 02:35 PM
thanks for reply bud is there anyway i can fix freq as i cant get into eng menu or is it just fit for the bin

sammy
20-06-2006, 02:48 PM
Hi

What box is it paddy

Tuning Sequence Related Errors
Er10_ Unable to Tune to Last frequency
Er11_ Unable to Tune to Home Frequency
Er12_ Unable to Tune to any of the last NIT defined frequencies
Er13_ Unable to scan for a frequency
Er14_ Unable to scan for a symbol rate
Er16_ Unable to tune to hardcoded frequency
Input Stream Errors
Er20_ Timeout on receiving NIT
Er21_ Timeout on receiving PAT
Er22_ Timeout on receiving PMT
Er23_ Timeout on receiving object data
Er24_ Timeout on receiving TDT
Er25_ Sync loss has occurred on the input stream

Object Validation
Er30_ Object CRC Fail
Er31_ Object Digital Signature Fail

Flash programming errors.
Er40_ Insufficient Flash ( NAND Flash Specific )
ErrC_ Failed to Erase Flash Sector
ErrD_ Failed to Program a Flash sector.
ErrE_ CRC Failure of image just programmed into Flash

Sammy

paddy
20-06-2006, 02:59 PM
the box is di4001n m8 im in pure n*l ive tried everything m8 all the usual but like i said no joy m8 i considered doing FUNCARD TO SET THE NETWORK ID but i dont think that will do anything as i cant get into eng menu just stumped m8

sammy
20-06-2006, 03:15 PM
Hi

Hi
the di4001sets it's net id automatically
either net id or freq are wrong..or your signals low,remove any splitters and check your wiring,basically a signal fault.

sammy

paddy
20-06-2006, 03:22 PM
I have tried on direct in feed m8 with no splitter and having good signal it still wont have none of it i know di4001 sets it's net id automatically but this wont, it just wont let me in eng menu or boot it just goes to er20 i reset by pulling jumper no end of times now im am totally stumped m8

twobeercans
20-06-2006, 03:33 PM
looks like the box has taken a prtial update and has a corrupt crc in nvram.
to cure this problem, remove the red jumper for a second or 2 then refit.
do not connect the cable feed. connect scart and hold channel down button while inserting power lead.

this should get you into the eng menu.

now while in there connect the cable feed and check your signal strengths upstream and downstream there are 2 pages for this. both must have a lock.

report back when you have done this.

regards twobeercans

paddy
20-06-2006, 03:39 PM
Thanks m8 i will try now and let you know how i get on cheers bud

paddy
20-06-2006, 04:28 PM
hi m8 tried what you said it just goes pace straight er20 i will not go to eng menu

twobeercans
20-06-2006, 04:48 PM
ok leaves you with having to reflow atmels/nvram and just about every other chip on the board. this seems to be a hardwae fault as it is uncommon for a box to display an NIT timeout error when not connected to cable and you only boot the eng menu as this takes presedence over a netid search. also if the err20 comes immediately also suggest hardware fault.

regards twobeercans.

paddy
20-06-2006, 04:59 PM
Thank you m8 for your quick replies as im not much good as far as soldering etc is concerned i think i will put this down to experience and put this box aside should i ever need spares thanks again m8 and the other guys for your replies thanks again