PDA

View Full Version : Sky +

DessertDog
20-05-2007, 11:53 AM
ok i just picked up a pace bskyb 3100 box its the sky+ one.
Now as i dont have sky is this any use for anyone that has sky there is no Card in either slot but im sure there is a HD built in but i could be wrong any help would be handy on helping decide what to do with the box lol
I am not offering it for sale here i just want to know if it woulkd be of any use to someone who has sky now.

lincsat
20-05-2007, 12:40 PM
There is no HD in a normal Sky+ box. You can use this to replace a faulty standard Sky box if you only have one satellite feed, or you can upgrade to a twin feed for the recording facilities.

Sky have announced they are abolishing the ?10 Sky+ fee for all subscribers soon, so if you subscribe to the basic ?15 package, you can have Sky+ features free.

DessertDog
20-05-2007, 01:36 PM
There is no HD in a normal Sky+ box. You can use this to replace a faulty standard Sky box if you only have one satellite feed, or you can upgrade to a twin feed for the recording facilities.

Sky have announced they are abolishing the ?10 Sky+ fee for all subscribers soon, so if you subscribe to the basic ?15 package, you can have Sky+ features free.
Im sorry to say this m8 but it has a 40gig HD built in i just took the top off.It also has 2 sat feeds on the rear.

lincsat
20-05-2007, 09:19 PM
There's a 40gig HDD in an unmodded 1st gen Sky+ but no HD, for HD you need the SkyHD box

krazylegz
21-05-2007, 01:13 AM
lincsat i think DD means HDD (hard disc drive) not HD (high def);)

@DD if the box is functional then someone can use it with a official sub,but have to phone sly to pair up card with box.

also as licsat says they are abolishing the ?10 sly+ charges soon9they told me 2 days ago when i rang to drop package) so it would be handy for ur self if u wanted to record basic channels especially with the series link feature

sc0tsman
21-05-2007, 02:24 PM
Have a scout about ebay m8 as these are still sought after items tho I aint that sure on prices etc ;)