PDA

View Full Version : internet explorer6

kamrez224
17-05-2007, 01:51 PM
hi there is a particular website which i cant open on internet explorer,whereas i can open the same webpage on mozilla,why is that

wayne_clancy
17-05-2007, 10:05 PM
Do you have a URL for the site?
Some badly written sites using activex or any other propritary micro$oft code may cause some issues.
This could also be related to a non-installed pluggin e.g flash.

If you post the URL I will take a look.

kamrez224
18-05-2007, 08:06 PM
thanks wayne it is
Language Line Services, Industry Leader and Global Interpretation Provider (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. thanks

Kiefels
21-05-2007, 11:31 PM
Hi!
Not been using IE6 for sometime but I had a similar problem. Esp when it came to updating flashplayers etc.
My IE browser wouldn't allow me to access certain sites.
After doing some searches of my own I found that...

If you go to C:\Windows (Or wherever your Windows is installed)
system 32
drivers
etc

Or use your search tool in the START menu. You will need to use advanced search and tick search hidden and system files.

(you may need to click on Tools at the top of the explorer window then click Folder Options. Click the View tab at the top of the box that pops up then click the Show Hidden Files and Folders radio button. Click ok/done)

In the etc folder will be a Hosts file.

Right click on it and click OPEN
A box should pop-up to ask which application you wish to open the file with. Choose Notepad.

This file lists ALL the URLS that have been BLOCKED. Or have restricted access to via IE6.
The file is updated by adaware and spyware software and also by Microsofts own Malaware software remover.

Look through it and see if your site is listed.
It works fine in IE7 btw.

Maybe if you could find the IP address of the website it may have that blocked instead.
Not sure how to check IP addresses of web sites though...SORRY!

Hope this helps a little in rectifying your problem Kamrez224