PDA

View Full Version : Is lcd a better picture?

aldo2332
16-05-2007, 03:37 PM
I am planning on buying a new large sized TV but dont know if plasma or lcd would be better? I have seen them on display & I notice lcds always look pixelly or not very clear. If it was wired up via componant RGB would this make the picture clearer as I would prefer LCD TV over plasma.

AFZAL2005
17-05-2007, 02:46 PM
plasma has better back levels and your right is less pixelly, but it really depends on your needs. I prefer plamsa picture quality but i have a lcd tv, this is because i play a lot of games and screen burn is not a factor on lcd tvs. Saying that the picture quality of my tv Toshiba 37C303db is excellentvia component on dvd and xbox 360 but a little grainy on my dbox. so really it depends on your needs, hope this helps!

aldo2332
17-05-2007, 05:43 PM
Yes it helped im not too bothered about dbox. I just wouldnt be happy with dvds not being crystal clear. TYhanks for the advice mate

krazylegz
17-05-2007, 09:48 PM
it all deopends on the spec of tele u get m8. i was looking at 2 50" LCD's teles 2day both side by side one a samsung and the other the number one pioneer and got to say the pic quality on the pioneer was a hell of a lot better than the samsung and better than any other tele in the shop for that fact. the bottom line is mate you get what you pay for;)

Collider
17-05-2007, 10:10 PM
I have a panasonic viera 32 inch LCD and the pic quality is awesome on every box i have(have a few lol)