PDA

View Full Version : Can i recieve sky?

pac_man
13-05-2007, 10:00 AM
Arite guys

im moving to newly built flats next year where you can only get sky. The problem is all flats are fitted with sky and wired ready to go and i wanted to know if i was simply to plug in a sky box without paying any monthly fees could i pick up any free channels??
I Dont think the dishes are motorised either...

Cheers
PaC- MaN
:high:

krazylegz
13-05-2007, 10:37 AM
if you're moving to flats then it'll be a communial dish/s which are fixed at 28.2e so sly is all you'll be able to recieve.

you will need a box and valid sub and then just plug in and watch. but with just the box and no sub you'll only get about 10 channels max,as even channel 4 are 5 are encrypted(so uou wont get them) to stop them being viewed outside the uk

pac_man
14-05-2007, 01:09 AM
cheers mate. thats a real bugger!!!!!!!!!:bath:

modman
14-05-2007, 10:45 PM
Get a freesat card. You will then get all freeview channels. I think they are 20 quid.

pac_man
27-05-2007, 11:24 AM
Hi where can i get these cards from and do they need programming. One more point if i get a 2nd had sky box of fleabay will that need re programming or anything....?? Im abit of a beginner with sky..prefer cable tbh...:kungfu:

krazylegz
27-05-2007, 11:45 AM
you can get the card directly from sky m8. if u had a second box it would need pairing up with the card which is done by ringing sky