PDA

View Full Version : nvram

roasted3
19-06-2006, 06:06 PM
hi there any of the resident genius know if the sky pace boxs carry the same type of nvram chip as the normal cable boxs ... and if so could they be put straight into a cable box as a replacement ..... or do they hold any information .... and if so can they be wiped ..... i would have allready tryed this myself but havnt got hold of a sky pace box... but may pick a cheap one up from the local booty if i can .........

2tone
23-06-2006, 08:11 AM
I'v a sky pace box here m8 I'll have a look later for you but dont think it will as its a newer box than the cable ones

roasted3
23-06-2006, 01:50 PM
thanks 2tone ....... lol ive been taking stuff apart like old dvd players and stuff to see if i can find one of these alussive nvram chips .... but ive had no luck ..... someone on another forum said he had a spair but i sent him a pm but he didnt get back to me.....

2tone
23-06-2006, 02:23 PM
well i had a look in side a pace 2600c1 and there was no nvram chip the same as the cable one sorry,but it was nice to see in side this box never looked in it before.I see there is a digital interface on the back of it looks like a cam slot would i be right in thinking this?

roasted3 check you r pms