PDA

View Full Version : How do I flash gemini onto my new DM500C?

carl0s
10-05-2007, 07:40 PM
Hi guys.

I really don't want to brick this box. I bought it 'new' from eBay, it's probably a clone, and I don't know what software it's running. Whatever s/w it's running, it has lots of 'themes',.. oh yeah I just realised it says Enigma in the bottom left corner with one of the themes, so perhaps it's running 'Enigma'.

Anyway, I don't want to brick it, so I'm weary about just dumping the .img into /tmp and renaming to root.cramfs as the menu system instructs me to do.

So, I read on here somewhere that I just use FlashWizard pro 6.3, but that is telling me that Gemini-340.img is too big for flash memory.

What's the deal guys? I presume I am already running a patched image since all the channels have come up. I just want to experiment with another, plus also the box has frozen three times within the first 5 minutes of use, when switching onto a dodgy channel or something.

notanotherone
10-05-2007, 07:43 PM
use dreamup to flash it but remember to back up your working image first

carl0s
10-05-2007, 07:45 PM
use dreamup to flash it but remember to back up your working image first

thanks. How come the original poster of the file said FlashWizard would work?

carl0s
10-05-2007, 07:47 PM
It seems pretty poor to have to use RS232 when there's 100mbit ethernet but I suppose if I have to.. ;)

notanotherone
10-05-2007, 08:55 PM
this may help you understand better lol

http://world-of-digital.com/forums/attachments/84/2711d1168689102-dreambox-how-v-0-5-dreambox-how-v.0.5.rar

carl0s
10-05-2007, 10:03 PM
cheers. I managed it already. I used FlashWizard to flash DM 1.6.5 over to it, and then I used DM's inbuilt blue-button flash thingy to flash Gemini.

Channels have been freezing *all* over the place, and I've been getting a lot of "service not available" on some channels, but the freezing seems to have gotten better since changing to MGcamd-1.19/Ronald-C.

I don't know if this box is more reliable/better than my Sagem DBox yet though. The EPG is very small and only shows 10 items per page, and I don't see a Page Up/Down for quickly scanning through the EPG.

notanotherone
11-05-2007, 12:43 PM
not a big lover of gemini or enigma images i tend to use neutrinio the one i have am afraid wont fit on yours as am sure it has a new tuner and my image would turn your box into a sat one lol i know cause i tried it on a new box lol but there should be a newer neutrino image in the pipeline very soon ...so watch this space

laopai007
12-05-2007, 12:42 AM
Hi Bud, which ebayer you bought from, can you PM me. am think buy a 500c, will avoid the guy

Hi guys.

I really don't want to brick this box. I bought it 'new' from eBay, it's probably a clone, and I don't know what software it's running. Whatever s/w it's running, it has lots of 'themes',.. oh yeah I just realised it says Enigma in the bottom left corner with one of the themes, so perhaps it's running 'Enigma'.

Anyway, I don't want to brick it, so I'm weary about just dumping the .img into /tmp and renaming to root.cramfs as the menu system instructs me to do.

So, I read on here somewhere that I just use FlashWizard pro 6.3, but that is telling me that Gemini-340.img is too big for flash memory.

What's the deal guys? I presume I am already running a patched image since all the channels have come up. I just want to experiment with another, plus also the box has frozen three times within the first 5 minutes of use, when switching onto a dodgy channel or something.

dazzlet
23-05-2007, 02:34 PM
yeah i would also be interested in finding out who to avoid on ebay

notanotherone
23-05-2007, 03:26 PM
yeah i would also be interested in finding out who to avoid on ebay
never mind ebay go to dvb online or satstore get a genuine one and a years guarantee and piece of mind