PDA

View Full Version : Web design sub forum

little_pob
19-06-2006, 01:58 PM
Could we have a web design section in the PC Spot? :please:

Where people can ask for help on HTML, javascript, CSS, PHP, ASP etc.

The-Wappy-One
19-06-2006, 03:00 PM
I like that idea nice one pob :9:
it makes sence and people can use the code tags [.CODE][./CODE] (Remove the .)

$uptime = @exec('uptime');
preg_match("/averages?: ([0-9\.]+),[\s]+([0-9\.]+),[\s]+([0-9\.]+)/",$uptime,$avgs);
$uptime = explode(' up ', $uptime);
$uptime = explode(',', $uptime[1]);
$uptime = $uptime[0].', '.$uptime[1];
$start=mktime(0, 0, 0, 1, 1, date("Y"), 0);
$end=mktime(0, 0, 0, date("m"), date("j"), date("y"), 0);
$diff=$end-$start;
$days=$diff/86400;
$percentage=($uptime/$days) * 100;
$load=$avgs[1].",".$avgs[2].",".$avgs[3]."";
$page='<html>

or the PHP tags for there code [.PHP][./PHP] (remove the .)

$uptime = @exec('uptime');
preg_match("/averages?: ([0-9\.]+),[\s]+([0-9\.]+),[\s]+([0-9\.]+)/",$uptime,$avgs);
$uptime = explode(' up ', $uptime);
$uptime = explode(',', $uptime[1]);
$uptime = $uptime[0].', '.$uptime[1];
$start=mktime(0, 0, 0, 1, 1, date("Y"), 0);
$end=mktime(0, 0, 0, date("m"), date("j"), date("y"), 0);
$diff=$end-$start;
$days=$diff/86400;
$percentage=($uptime/$days) * 100;
$load=$avgs[1].",".$avgs[2].",".$avgs[3]."";
$page='<html>

ivanx
19-06-2006, 03:08 PM
Im glad this topic has come up all i wanted to know is their no scripts or software you can just add you details to and hey presto you got a web site ,,all the fancy html writing and loading scrambles my brain..Oh and it would be nice if you could have a nice fishing background..lo..............

The-Wappy-One
19-06-2006, 03:41 PM
im glad this topic has come up all i wanted to know is their no scripts or software you can just add you details to and hey presto you got a web site ,,all the fancy html writing and loading scrambles my brain..Oh and it would be nice if you could have a nice fishing background..lo

There are lots of open source projects out there to help you build quiet advanced sites and at the same time be verry user freindly

i recomend at looking at

Mamboserver.com - Home (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. PHP-Nuke (http://phpnuke.org/)

to name a few

and once you get started your away and there all easy to maintain..

The software thats avalible there are hundreds but dreamweaver is the best by far but not really something for beginers..

you could try

Website Building Software: Create Websites without HTML coding. Welcome to the EZGenerator Super Website Builder Website. (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. but i cannot comment on this as i have never used it i can only go by what people tell me and they say its good for static html pages and beginners ??

ivanx
20-06-2006, 12:41 AM
Thanks for the help and the links appreciate that i still find it abit daunting but ill have a go cheers .......

Loco
20-06-2006, 04:36 AM
Im glad this topic has come up all i wanted to know is their no scripts or software you can just add you details to and hey presto you got a web site
yes, there are a lot that are easy to setup, if you need a good host We can set u up. My sever has fantastico and RV site builder, both are 2-3 clicks away from a site.. I don't use any of the scripts with this, but they are great for beginners. :) give me a PM if you need help with a site ;)

with fan, and the site builder, I have about 300 different scripts within a click away.

ivanx
22-06-2006, 09:53 AM
Thanks Loco will bear that in mind ..when i have some idea of what i will want to do ill pm you thanks mate...

Loco
22-06-2006, 11:02 PM
cool I'll do hosting for as low as 2$'s a month.. with 150 scripts a click away :)

and if you don't have a URL, I can make a sub domain on one of my URLs