PDA

View Full Version : Copied 360 games and LIVE

tinkertiler
06-05-2007, 07:23 PM
To all people that have a modified 360 and go on xbox live BEWARE! There is a Spring update that is taking effect this week and it is said that MS have put a feature in to detect the use of backup games on live. Now until this is confirmed later this week be careful when you are on live they say that they can detect the use of a BACKUP GAME only and NOT the use of the modified firmware YET! So if you playu originals when you go on live then everything SHOULD be ok for now.

Game Swank ? Blog Archive ? Gameswank Exclusive: Modders Beat Microsoft to the Punch (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. If i find anything else i will post it here as soon as i can

Shipoftheline
06-05-2007, 07:42 PM
If it can't pick up the modified firmware I don't see how it could tell a backed up game. These games are ripped so are identical in every department

tinkertiler
06-05-2007, 07:48 PM
If that was the case then how come you need a modified firmware to play a backed up game? It cannot be EXACTLY the same or it would work without any modification. Fogive me if im wrong but that is the way that i see it anyway.

Shipoftheline
06-05-2007, 11:23 PM
If that was the case then how come you need a modified firmware to play a backed up game? It cannot be EXACTLY the same or it would work without any modification. Fogive me if im wrong but that is the way that i see it anyway.

Because Microsoft have opted for a hardware approach to try and stop people playing backed up games but the scene came up with a hacked firmware for the DVD-ROM. Now I imagine this firmware will show as the correct one which is why Microsoft can't detect it which is why I can't see them detecting a backed up game either. Its not like the backed up games have a big jpeg saying this game is a copy on it lol

addo12
07-05-2007, 02:16 PM
anyone know if they can detect the games if they are stealth patched? will the update brick your xbox if they find its a copy? theres a new xtreme 5.3 firmware just out to get round this by the way for samsung drives

Shipoftheline
07-05-2007, 04:14 PM
addo12 if they can't detect the firmware and the games a direct copy just how would they tell ?

addo12
07-05-2007, 05:30 PM
some of my games are downloads so i dont know if they would be different in anyway to an original.

tinkertiler
08-05-2007, 09:36 AM
addo12 if they can't detect the firmware and the games a direct copy just how would they tell ?

Right you have got the main bloke that did the firmware hack C64 and he is saying that you will have to use this new firmware for The samsung drive because it has something called disc jitter added. Ok i dont know what it is in any waybut the samsung drive has now got this with the 5.3 firmware that has been released. Now i for one am not prepared to risk loosing live just yet because i have played a backup game online.

C64 has stated that you will be able to update and then play ORIGINALS online no problem but MS have found a way of detecting Backups.

The hackers have also stated that if you have a hitachi drive(which i have) keep off live and do not download the update because disc jitter has not yet been added.

Now if anyone wants to go on live they can at the moment as there has been no update as yet. When you sign into live and it says on the right hand side of the screen update required to . . . . then you will know that the update is to be applied.

Ok if you want to risk going on LIVE after the update with a backup disc, do it, but be aware that MS waited over 24 hours last time to ban everyone when Halo was released!

Microtheft is NOT going to be able to detect the firmware in any way they can ONLY detect the COPIED GAME thats how you will get caught. You have been warned good luck.

This is a link to xbox-scene which should help with all the explanations. Spring07 Update Tuesday 8/15th?, Disc-Jitter Check?, Leaked Notes - Scenyx Entertainment Community (http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=601766)

addo12
08-05-2007, 05:13 PM
so you will just be kicked off xbox live? or will the update brick the console?

tinkertiler
08-05-2007, 05:52 PM
so you will just be kicked off xbox live? or will the update brick the console?

No one knows yet for sure. You can go on LIVE until the banner comes up on the right had side of the screen asking you to update. When this happens TURN IT OFF!!!!

Then stay off live for a week or so till the dust settles and see what is happening. If you have a samsung drive in your 360 there already is a firmware upgrade to 5.3 but the hitachi at the mo has not got "disc jitter" protection on it. So just be patient.

Just to let everyone know the LIVE update is now on and you HAVE to update to go onto LIVE again. The Hitachi firmware should be close be patient.

jimbo19
09-05-2007, 11:13 AM
Well there are lots of people now using xtreme5.2 and on live with the update (and playing backups on live)- so it looks like it may all have been hype about the copy detection - who knows maybe this will come out in a further update

AFZAL2005
09-05-2007, 12:32 PM
so i take it that the update has been released then? im at work cant check

tinkertiler
09-05-2007, 02:03 PM
Update is out and yes everyone with all firmware hacks are reporting that everything is ok.

Just remember tha MS took 24 hours to ban people last time with Halo that is the only worry now not going online till the new firmware for the hitachi is out not worth it

Tack
20-05-2007, 06:30 PM
my 360 has just been banned from live...bummer.!
i was playing the night before no problems,then went on the next night with no game in the drive and it would not let me connect to live...did a test and came up with ,this machine has been banned for violation of terms and conditions bla,bla,bla..
gutted....but i knew the risk so only myself to blame..
also talking to a guy who knows a thing or 2..he say's that if you an't been online with a modified 360 since the update..the is another patch out to keep you safe for a while longer..but if you been banned already,i'm afraid it's a new 360 if you want to play online...and with forza out in the next few weeks..thats me off to the shop...bill gates is a greedy tw*t..

tinkertiler
20-05-2007, 10:29 PM
I have just been banned!

Oh well guessed it was coming.

I have just had a phone call off someone who got banned 4 days ago. He has just signed back into LIVE today as though nothing has happened!

I know it seems strange and i didnt think it would be possible but i hold out hope for my console yet! will see what happens

Shipoftheline
21-05-2007, 09:48 AM
I've just been reading about a guy who put the original firmware back on his 360 before he got banned only to get banned afterwards which leads me to believe this is being done with information thats been built on overtime