PDA

View Full Version : dreambox 500c help please is it plug and play or not

youngie
27-04-2007, 11:21 PM
hello well i have recived the box today and i have had no fun finding any channels. it said it had the latest image so what am i do wrong. it says software 2.9.0 help please i have also tryed dreamup i get to the screen where it says now plug dreambox in i do that and i get nothing. please do help if you can i have tryed dreamup with no luck. i belive i am runing enimgma or genimi what am i doing wrong cheers all youngie

notanotherone
28-04-2007, 09:30 AM
you have to flash it with a uk image it comes supplied with a german enigma ,when you say you get to the part where it says now plug in your dreambox what do you mean then you get nothing ?i take it you see it pinging it and does it come back saying box alive and talking? are you using a null modem cable ?you have to erase/flash with an uk image file do you have one? i am also moving this thread to the right place where more peopl can see it

Timoweb
28-04-2007, 09:43 AM
To flash the Dreambox using Dreamup and Null Modem Cable.

1-Download the latest Dreamup from downloads.

2-Connect your dreambox to your PC via the Null Model Cable, but DO NOT power the box yet.

3-Start Dreamup and clik on Connect.

4-Now power your box.

5-You DO NOT need to perform a flash erase prior to flashing, Dreamup will do a flash erase twice during the flash process.

6-Click on FLASH and select your favorite image or DW1.6.5.

7-Answer Yes to the following question.

8-Your image will start uploading to the box.

Done!

youngie
28-04-2007, 11:40 AM
well thank you all. but i have tryed to reflash it with no luck i get as far as boot dreambox up with nothing. i am using the same cable you use for eurovox that is a null cable isint. where it says com 1 com 2 com3 my is on com 2 and 3 whats going on there do i need any drivers or anything help please lol

Timoweb
28-04-2007, 11:47 AM
Right Youngie am chasing posts and pm's all over the place.

Read all of this;

http://world-of-digital.com/forums/f84/dreambox-how-v-0-5-a-11615.html

Then read it again, then come back!