PDA

View Full Version : Help DBox 2 won't ftp

Geo
22-04-2007, 12:27 AM
Hi my nokia dbox 2 won't connect using ftp i have my antivirus & firewall dissabled , i need 2 put some service & boquet files in the box , the box flashes using dbox 2 flash assistant but i think its a wrong username or password ive tried root , dbox2 kinda thing im stuck please any suggestions would be much appricated thank you

mickyrobbo
22-04-2007, 12:55 AM
Hi my nokia dbox 2 won't connect using ftp i have my antivirus & firewall dissabled , i need 2 put some service & boquet files in the box , the box flashes using dbox 2 flash assistant but i think its a wrong username or password ive tried root , dbox2 kinda thing im stuck please any suggestions would be much appricated thank you
Hello you have to tell people what image you are using as there is all kinds out there,,people whom have been working and changing images like feedback and also change log ons for there work so its good to leave feedback for them and read ther tuts
flashing assit will work anyway with a null cable ,,but if you want to ftp you will need to have the ip ,,so come back with the image and then you can get help,,have you went to network and made sure you have got the right ip for the box

krazylegz
22-04-2007, 01:57 AM
hi m8 use name:root pasword:dbox make sure all firewall and antivirus/malware/spyware is disabled also if you've got norton on you may need to uninstall or reformat at the worst case

mickyrobbo
22-04-2007, 02:14 AM
hi m8 use name:root pasword:dbox make sure all firewall and antivirus/malware/spyware is disabled also if you've got norton on you may need to uninstall or reformat at the worst case
you dont have to uninstall norton just disable it until next restart,,as fergal says name is root
password is dbox not dbox 2 if this is any clearer,and if it does not work then reboot pc with al de activated and it will c cu around m8

krazylegz
22-04-2007, 03:26 AM
[QUOTE=mickyrobbo;85585]you dont have to uninstall norton just disable it until next restart,,as fergal says name is root
password is dbox not dbox 2 if this is any clearer,and if it does not work then reboot pc with al de activated and it will c cu around m8[/QUOTE

as fergal says???????? you've lost me m8 fegal hasn't poserd in this thread m8.

you might have to uninstall norton if on,i had to reformat before my pc would see it as it leaves little files in the C/program files folder so sometmes either unistall/reformat is only option,but not always the case

Geo
22-04-2007, 03:36 AM
hi thanks for the rapid response ;o) the image im using is the voyager updated ,
if you need the version number i will get it , i have a router + modem for flashing via ma laptop tried all the usual passwords and username i did a box earlier no probs its just this 1 i think password or usernames not correct , thanks Geo

krazylegz
22-04-2007, 10:48 AM
try using it direct with a x-over cable m8 and see if it works that way

Geo
22-04-2007, 01:36 PM
How would i do that do i got to network connections disable all and manualy config the ip of the box ? thanks a lot krazy legz ;o) ill try it ,Geo

mcfisco
22-04-2007, 03:38 PM
What's the IP of the Dbox?

What's the IP of your PCs network card?
[open a command prompt and type ipconfig]

Can you ping the dbox?
open a command prompt and type ping 192.168.1.1
[obviously you'll need to substitute your dbox IP]

mickyrobbo
22-04-2007, 07:17 PM
[QUOTE=mickyrobbo;85585]you dont have to uninstall norton just disable it until next restart,,as fergal says name is root
password is dbox not dbox 2 if this is any clearer,and if it does not work then reboot pc with al de activated and it will c cu around m8[/QUOTE
as fergal says???????? you've lost me m8 fegal hasn't poserd in this thread m8.
you might have to uninstall norton if on,i had to reformat before my pc would see it as it leaves little files in the C/program files folder so sometmes either unistall/reformat is only option,but not always the case
Sorry Krazylegz was talking to him last night(Fergalsworld) when was puting in this post,,and I had a few beers,,so I was meant to say Krazylegz ,

Geo
22-04-2007, 07:37 PM
What's the IP of the Dbox?
when flashed connected to router (using IFA) voyager updated image the ip of box is 192.168.1.203

What's the IP of your PCs network card?
[open a command prompt and type ipconfig]
Ethernet adapter local area connection
connection-specific DNS suffix . :
IP Address........... :192.168.2.101
Subnet Mask........ : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway... : 192.168.2.1

Can you ping the dbox?
open a command prompt and type ping (192.168.2.3) yes it worked

mcfisco
22-04-2007, 07:43 PM
So the IP of the Dbox is 192.168.2.3 then? not 192.168.1.203?

When you try to connect via FTP do you use 192.168.2.3?
if not - try it.

Geo
22-04-2007, 08:05 PM
ip of the box is 192.168.1.203
i changed to 192.168.2.3 addy of the router
ill try 192.1681.203 cheers ;o)

192.168.2.3 pings but cant connect i think its the password thats wrong because IFA works as i can flash images but cant connect through bouquet wizard to send service.xml or bouquets.xml any other methoods ? thanks

Yaasssssss!!!! digi friends got dbox yweb going through the browser!! yeehaa.. ill let you know how i go thanks! ;o)_

got dbox yweb going through the browser changed password to dbox 2 now bouquet wizard is up and running sorted now thanks for all the help everyone ;o) much appricated , have a nice day , cheers
Regards
Geo ;o)_

mcfisco
22-04-2007, 08:50 PM
You need to keep things on the same network
192.168.2.1 is your router IP & 255.255.255.0 is the subnet
so the dbox needs to be 192.168.2. ***
*** = something not already being used between 2 & 254
test the ip & password etc of the dbox.
open a command prompt & type ftp 192.168.***.***
& hit enter
if you have the IP right it will return with a welcome message of some sort & asking you for the user
type root
& hit enter
it will then ask for the password
enter the password & hit enter
if you get it right it will come back with login successful
If you get it wrong you'll need to type user to get back to entering root
When you get it right
type dir
& hit enter
you will get a directory listing confirming you are connected to your dbox

mcfisco
22-04-2007, 08:51 PM
bugger - could have saved my typing fingers

krazylegz
23-04-2007, 12:14 AM
pleased you got it sorted geo m8. :)

but as little bit advise m8 next time u try it manually direct with wires just assign a static IP to your NIC as the dbox IP doesnt make much difference as IFA takes over the boot control of the box and assigns it's own IP;)

if that makes sense..............i've been drinking all day and just got in lol