PDA

View Full Version : How about a RADIO system on the forum.. ?

Dr X
19-04-2007, 09:48 PM
Just an idea, and wanted to know if anyone thinks it might be a good idea !
Not sure if WOD has had one or not, but i can offer the forum a FREE radio station, called COAST FM for the members to listen to and enjoy while on and off the forum.
The radio station i own myself, and have had a few, and i pay all the fees involved and lycence ect ect.
I`m not asking for anything in return, just offer the forum a free radio station, of which there are a few DJ`s and they all play a full mix over the board type of tunes from roack to disco and house and you name it.
We dont have any advertising on the radio, just a few jingles every say 20 mins or so saying things like your tunned into coast fm radio ect, no links or advertising anywere so no were else is mentioned.
And we are always taking requests, and can play anything that you like, from single tunes to full albums and such.
Anyways just a small offering to all members and staff of WOD for all the hard work and for all they give to us members :pepsi:

DJ DRX

kryten77
19-04-2007, 11:06 PM
Nice offer mate. you cant beat a bit of music while you are faffing about in WoD

Collider
19-04-2007, 11:47 PM
sounds like an excelent idea,why dont you PM gazer about it to see if its ok m8 ;)

mickyrobbo
19-04-2007, 11:50 PM
Nice offer mate. you cant beat a bit of music while you are faffing about in WoD
I listen to my own music anyway when on here would be a bit of a put off if it started coming in over mine,,but im sure peeps would have to turn radio on,good thought though sort of like hospital radio ,,as most of the peeps on here are injured in some way with their digital stuff ,

plasterer
20-04-2007, 12:00 AM
Yer class thourght Lets hope Mods think the same ,on a few forums like this that play sounds. Allways lower the volume a bit when you need to solve a problem , or have a problem solved for you Nice .............Paul

Staffy
20-04-2007, 12:26 AM
Good idea Drx, lets hope it goes ahead...

Magnu420
20-04-2007, 01:06 AM
it would be nice to have a radio station especially thurs,fri,sat,sun nite
but i think it will take to much bandwidth of wod to run,and keep up with the demand of the cable section when its needed
ive come across other forums with talk about their own station and it sounds hard work trying to find djs...

Hunter
20-04-2007, 01:09 AM
just wondering how we would intergrate it??

Dr X
20-04-2007, 09:27 AM
Well quite a few questions and such, but nice to see that members would like such, but as we know, its down to the staff to decide.

Ok i`ll answer some of the questions in the posts.

@ mickyrobbo
Thats not a problem that you listen to your own music m8ty, as we all have different tasts in the music scene.
But who know`s..... there might be a new album or such that you dont have and we can hopefully play if for you.
And there are a few proggys out that alow you to record internet radio while listening so all in all you could possably add to your collection :)

@ Magnu420
First off m8ty, the radio is on all through the week, and so your requested times would`nt be a problem ;):)
Now regarding the bandwith, well the radio does not use any of the forums bandwith as such, as its just like having a banner or live link posted on the forum, and all the bandwith is used via the streaming server that i use for the radio, so no draging of bandwith on the forum, or even from the DJ that is playing.
Now the dj`s are hard to find m8, well ones that want to continue doing it, but i do have a few that totaly enjoy doing it and playing on the radio, and i`ve guided them throught it and after a day or two its very easy to do.
I`m on and playing most of the time and have been into the net radio for quite a few years now, and enjoy everything involved around it, aswell as sat tv which i`ve also been into for many years.
I`m more of what you would call a streamer freak lol and love anything and everything thats involved in such, and also have my own radio lycence as they brought in new rules regarding copyright playing and such last year. ;):)

@ H
Hi yea m8ty, well its very simple m8ty.
All that you need to add to the forum is a small radio mod and a few edits done to it, and then a full radio system is installed on the forum.
The radio mod in its self is not big and infact is very small compaired to many mods.
Installing it would`nt be a problem and i could and would be happy to help the staff member install it, and guid throught it all.
If you have any more questions regarding it please let me know and i`ll be only happy to answers questions.

One other point is that the radio can also be used to say mentions such things like events and such the forum has coming up, or to mention competitions going on or winners ect ect.
And who know`s.... we might have some good DJ`s amoungst the members on the forum :banana4:

Dr X

berley
20-04-2007, 10:53 AM
One other point is that the radio can also be used to say mentions such things like events and such the forum has coming up, or to mention competitions going on or winners ect ect.
And who know`s.... we might have some good DJ`s amoungst the members on the forum :banana4:
Dr X

can i be a dj on a fri nite :roflmao:

oh and if we have competitions can u plug the site for us ;)

on a serious note, myself and a few other members have listened to drx radio station and i can confirm he did do all the requests that we asked for :)

Dr X
20-04-2007, 03:52 PM
Hi yea berley lol
By all mean i dont mind showing any would be DJ`s the ropes as such and such things like giving shout outs and such are incouraged as its always live, and we are one of the many that do have radios on the net that is LIVE and we try out best to prove such in way of playing the requests as soon as possable when asked for.
We can plug the site thats not a problem, but we try stear clear of advertising of late, but its fine with me if we say plug the site thats ok withe me for competitions and such.
On another note............. you got to be kidding me if you think you can DJ on a friday night berley :please: as u cant remember friday nights on saturday lmao :wink: :goodnight:

Dr X

Declan
20-04-2007, 04:28 PM
can i be a dj on a fri nite :roflmao:
oh and if we have competitions can u plug the site for us ;)
on a serious note, myself and a few other members have listened to drx radio station and i can confirm he did do all the requests that we asked for :)
Music requests or Berley requests:p

i think a radio on here would be awesome

Dr X
24-04-2007, 09:41 AM
Just to add to the tread post subject, i`m happy to say Hunter has kindly created a radio section on the forum. ----> http://world-of-digital.com/forums/f170/
I look foward to geting some feedback for the radio and helpfull tips ect.;):)

Dr X

lucky1
26-04-2007, 07:27 AM
i use other forums with a radio and its a great addition .

DanMB
26-04-2007, 10:36 AM
Yeah and i'd sure DJ on any evening except friday, saturday and sunday.

Dr X
26-04-2007, 12:21 PM
Be happy to have you as a team member on the radio Dan and will be in touch soon. ;):)

Dr X