PDA

View Full Version : dampness moved to diy section

kamrez224
18-04-2007, 06:26 AM
can somebody give me an advice,how to get rid of damp smell from my room,there is no dampness walls are dry,but still there is a smell.

y2krog2000
18-04-2007, 07:02 PM
Open your window and let the smell out :roflmao:
I had damp in an old house and had to get the damp sorted out by a builder then had to paint the walls to get rid of the smell you might not have damp you might need something put into your room to circulate the air a bit more.

mickyrobbo
18-04-2007, 07:18 PM
can somebody give me an advice,how to get rid of damp smell from my room,there is no dampness walls are dry,but still there is a smell.
Have you had a party lately if so one of your mates could a planked something in the room ,,or it could be your smelly old socks,or shoes lol

Geo
19-04-2007, 02:53 PM
There must be a leaky pipe behind the wall or some rotten wood you cant ignore you will have to get it repaired try find out if there any pipes near the smell if there not it will be a peice of wood thats rotted might be behind the wall i would get it looked at get a second opinion get a free quote from a builder , plumber or joiner they should be able to narrow it down a bit for you ;o)

weesam
19-04-2007, 02:59 PM
try a coat of paint m8:cuper:

mburns
19-04-2007, 09:04 PM
Coat of paint and a glade plug in mite do the trick lol

alanpg1
20-12-2007, 12:02 PM
how do you know you have not got damp, have you checked the walls with a damp meter ?10 b&q.....this will provide you with the real results as damp can be at a level that is not visible.
damp under floor could be coming up. check this out also, have you got airbricks if you have not then get a builder to give you advice.
if you want further help PM me

alan........... surveyor